DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Arc V Strobes Mini 2

JonnySteele

Reactions
Wanted to do some night flying, I bought 2 Firehouse Arc V strobes and found some neat mounts for them online that doubles as extended landing gear. Anyways, I couldn't find the weight of the strobes online, any idea of the Mini 2 will be able to handle the added weight ok? Maybe anyone who also has a similar setup? Thanks.1000001577.jpg1000001578.jpg

I have a similar set up, only it's 4 ARC V's on a Mavic Air 2 using 3-D printed holders on the arms.

The MA2 has more power than the Mini 2 so your results may vary.

Give it a test flight with one or both to see how it flies.

FYI, two strobes and the holders weigh 42.25 grams (1.49 oz).

Your weight maybe similar.

Good luck. 👍

Great info, thank you!

I found my wife's food scale and was able to measure. My drone stock with battery weight was 240 grams. When I added my gimbal protector, both strobes with mounts and leg extensions, it was 292 grams.

I have a whole gaggle of strobes now. I have mostly stayed away from the plastic mounting backets and used GOOD HEAVY DUTY VELCO AND SOMETIMES ELASTIC BANDS IF HE STROBES ARE MOUNTED ON THE ARMS.

MY basic light configuration will usually have on white strobe on the bottom because it is brightest. At night I add a white one on top too. On the front I have one or two red strobes and on the back usually one green one. The colored lights reallly help visual orientation without depending on the phone/tab screen’s map.I like. Arc V’s for white because they are the brightest you can buy. But for the red/gree on the mini 2 or 3 I’ll probably use Vifly as they are lighter and much cheaper and seem to e only 1 stop dimmer than the ARC V’s; about the same brightness as the ARC II’s.

I didn’t used to rely on the red(front)/green(rear) but find that is the most efficient way to determine which direction the drone is moving with visual LOS reference. No matter the configuration I almost always fly with strobe,day or nigh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User