DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 bottom lights on Mavic 2 battery on.Can't switch battery off.

offtheback

Reactions
Can't switch battery off.Battery can power aircraft.Read 17.2 volts on charger,now 16.9 after 10-15 minutes on Hanatora charger/discharger in storage mode.Anyone seen this issue?

Attachments

• BATTERY MAVIC 2.jpg
    BATTERY MAVIC 2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
Can't switch battery off.Battery can power aircraft.Read 17.2 volts on charger,now 16.9 after 10-15 minutes on Hanatora charger/discharger in storage mode.Anyone seen this issue?
I had a Mavic Air 2. Different battery and lights but very similar charge/discharge software on both.
Does that battery have all the small multi-buss pins where it plugs to charge, monitor, and balance each cell in the full battery pack?
I use a Hanatora 4X charger also.
Had this same problem before. I can’t remember the full technical explanation of why it did this but I will try to explain the problem and remedy.
Need to take it off the Hanatora and make sure that the fault battery is at room temperature.
Then plug it into DJI stock original batter charger. Leave it a minute or two and see if it goes to 1-2-3-4 charging up lights.
If it does, leave it alone so it can balance up the individual cells in the pack. To reset the chip in the battery if it sees this problem.
Fully charged, remove it from charger and the lights should go off, back to normal. Then fly down that battery a usual flight to about 10-15%. Land and see what the battery is doing. If it faults and freezes again, you may have either a bad cell in the battery or bad pins connecting to it.

if no matter what of the above it just stays on, may need to fly down that battery way further to force all cells down to similar power then to charge up together, on the DJI stock charger.

Safe Flying,
KI5RLL

Reactions: offtheback
I had a Mavic Air 2. Different battery and lights but very similar charge/discharge software on both.
Does that battery have all the small multi-buss pins where it plugs to charge, monitor, and balance each cell in the full battery pack?
I use a Hanatora 4X charger also.
Had this same problem before. I can’t remember the full technical explanation of why it did this but I will try to explain the problem and remedy.
Need to take it off the Hanatora and make sure that the fault battery is at room temperature.
Then plug it into DJI stock original batter charger. Leave it a minute or two and see if it goes to 1-2-3-4 charging up lights.
If it does, leave it alone so it can balance up the individual cells in the pack. To reset the chip in the battery if it sees this problem.
Fully charged, remove it from charger and the lights should go off, back to normal. Then fly down that battery a usual flight to about 10-15%. Land and see what the battery is doing. If it faults and freezes again, you may have either a bad cell in the battery or bad pins connecting to it.

if no matter what of the above it just stays on, may need to fly down that battery way further to force all cells down to similar power then to charge up together, on the DJI stock charger.

Safe Flying,
KI5RLL
Thank you.Tried it all.2 lights still on+battery still on.

I would say open a ticket with DJI and ask them for help or an adjustment for a replacement battery. I don’t know how many charge cycles are on that battery. Often they will just take back a faulty item and mail you a new one, or a small price exchange or just ask you to pay the shipping back to you. They have done it for full crashed drones with no Care Refresh on them. A few stories here on this forum about it.
Clearly a faulty battery either in software or hardware.
I think they should recognize a safety issue with a Lipo that has power and charging issues.

Safe Flying,
KI5RLL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme