DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Brand New Mavic Mini's with virtually same issue!

jt420

Reactions
I just received 2 Mavic Mini's....opened them up, charged everything, then updated firmware. Opened the software and was told there was an IMU error on the first....I tried to calibrate the IMU but the "start" button doesn't work in the app. Tried to calibrate the gamble, same issue. Called DJI and they were no help, both units said processor over heating as well after trying to calibrate. Any suggestions from you drone wizards?

with regards to the overheating just get a small table fan and have it blowing over the MM that should prevent it overheating,before you try to calibrate the IMU do a compass calibration outside away from any metal including watches ,and your phone dont hold it in your hand when you calibrate as it can cause errors when you do the IMU calib,then you need a none metal flat level surface such as a table to do the calib on good luck, and make sure that the controller and drone and screen device batts are fully charged ,before you start

Reactions: netsonic
Yes. One unit seems to have corrected itself largely though keeps asking to recalibrate the compass. The other one is pretty much dead, won't do anything since the IMU unit is bad.

A constant request to recalibrate the compass may either be a bad calibration, or the compass or AC in general has become magnetized and needs degaussing. Rather unusual if new, but possible if during shipping it was near a large magnetic source. Many have successfully used cfixer. It's rather expensive for what it is, and there may be cheaper alternatives. If CRT TVs were still around, I'd suggest having a TV repair shop degauss it for you.

It can happen.
I got two Mavic Air, one refurb flymore and one retail standard package.
Flymore had a DOA battery out of the box and the standard package's only battery was DOA as well.

My first DJI product - Spark - Could not lock a home point for anything.
Sent it back and DJI fixed it under warranty.

Calling or emailing DJI does not cut it.
You need to fill out a service ticket and send it in.
If not since you just received it, send it back to the vendor.

Reactions: hiflyer201
A constant request to recalibrate the compass may either be a bad calibration, or the compass or AC in general has become magnetized and needs degaussing. Rather unusual if new, but possible if during shipping it was near a large magnetic source. Many have successfully used cfixer. It's rather expensive for what it is, and there may be cheaper alternatives. If CRT TVs were still around, I'd suggest having a TV repair shop degauss it for you.

Cheaper than cfixer and works

And not unusual for new actually.
Who knows what these things go through on their way from China, what they are stored next to in a shipping crate?

That is why I highly recommend calibrating everything once you get it.
My MM was screwy until I calibrated everything after 5 flights or so.

I get a Compass Calibration required nearly everywhere I fly near buildings. Simply move away and restart. Usually it is gone. If not, I hold the bird aloft in one hand and the notice is gone. Hand launch. Good luck

Reactions: hiflyer201
I get a Compass Calibration required nearly everywhere I fly near buildings. Simply move away and restart. Usually it is gone. If not, I hold the bird aloft in one hand and the notice is gone. Hand launch. Good luck
That's definitely a way to know it's not the AC but rather the environment.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR