DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 large black bars top and bottom of ipad mini screen

ninja_geezer

Reactions
As per title i have a new iPad mini 5th gen ,i got this to give me more viewing area now ive got maybe 2 inches of the screen in black bars 1 inch top and 1 inch bottom can i get rid of this ? i noticed in photo mode i get the full screen...
my Samsung phone had nearly the same size of viewable screen. :(

Have you tapped on the expand arrow in the bottom right hand section of the screen

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Have you tapped on the expand arrow in the bottom right hand section of the screen
bottom right only as the auto button ...

Attachments

• 20200715_234740.jpg
    20200715_234740.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 20200715_234802.jpg
    20200715_234802.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
Thought that was normal in fly app. At least now the gauges are in the black. Is better than before when they were in the Fly screen.

added, screenshot from a video.when videoing the gauges move inside the screen but bars are still there. Taking pictures they are in those bars.

EB60A3DF-CA24-46DD-8802-F3FF0B1861F4.png

Last edited:
Thought that was normal in fly app. At least now the gauges are in the black. Is better than before when they were in the Fly screen.
i know what you are saying but the bars are kind of huge at least twice the size they should be ,i cant see why in video mode they are like that but in photo mode the screen is full ,there is a setting in photos set on 4.3 but you cannot change it as far as i can see.

i know what you are saying but the bars are kind of huge at least twice the size they should be ,i cant see why in video mode they are like that but in photo mode the screen is full ,there is a setting in photos set on 4.3 but you cannot change it as far as i can see.
I will have to get home and check mine. Sitting at splash pad with grand at moment on pad. 112 heat index here at moment. ?

I will have to get home and check mine. Sitting at splash pad with grand at moment on pad. 112 heat index here at moment. ?
wow we could do with a little of that heat currently 14c here in the cool damp UK........

Reactions: dirkclod
i like the black bit top and bottom it makes the white info much easier to see ,just set the display to 16.9 in the app

i like the black bit top and bottom it makes the white info much easier to see ,just set the display to 16.9 in the app
yes if they was a third of the size i agree but they are about 3 quarters of an inch wide top and bottom, just measured they are 15mm top and bottom ,the total screen is 120mm so that takes the viewable area down to 90mm that is one quarter of the height of the screen its excessive .i would like to see if its the same on the larger ipads and other android tablets.
the black bars would be ok if they was maybe 6 or 7mm .

I noticed that too. Depend on picture setting, much easier to see batt level.
on photo full screen but on all video modes large black bars ,and yes you indeed correct about the easier to see battery info ect but i wish dji would half the size its been bugging me for the last week or so since i stopped using the samsung s9+ i thought it was a setting but it must be the screen formatting im guessing .

Reactions: Rchawks
yes if they was a third of the size i agree but they are about 3 quarters of an inch wide top and bottom, just measured they are 15mm top and bottom ,the total screen is 120mm so that takes the viewable area down to 90mm that is one quarter of the height of the screen its excessive .i would like to see if its the same on the larger ipads and other android tablets.
the black bars would be ok if they was maybe 6 or 7mm .
10.2 iPad...3/4” top and bottom is black.

It's because the video aspect is different than the screen you're using. If it were to fill the black areas, your image would be distorted *or* it would crop the left and right edges in to fit.

It's because the video aspect is different than the screen you're using. If it were to fill the black areas, your image would be distorted *or* it would crop the left and right edges in to fit.
guessed it maybe be something like that ,so when in photo mode it must be switching the display to 4:3 ..

This fly app has never been good since it came out as far as I’m concerned. It wasn’t designed to fit a mini’s screen . I did hope they would fix that but didn’t but at least they did move the gauges to the black.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123