DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Jerky image

Mavic 2 pro jerky image on playback shooting 4K H265. playback on Macbook Pro Quicktime, Final Cut Pro X and Flip player same result.
Examples would help but it takes a lot of practice to get slow smooth panning or tilting shots. As you film try not to pan the drone or tilt the camera as much as possible and when you do try doing it about half as fast as you think should be.

Also use tripod mode as much as possible and when you turn the camera (pannning) always try to be in tripod mode when you do which will help slow things down

Reactions: Gindra
Mavic 2 pro jerky image on playback shooting 4K H265. playback on Macbook Pro Quicktime, Final Cut Pro X and Flip player same result.

265 is no easy task, 264 play it out 2k , if it resolves you will know what the problem is.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the storm
Coal

Examples would help but it takes a lot of practice to get slow smooth panning or tilting shots. As you film try not to pan the drone or tilt the camera as much as possible and when you do try doing it about half as fast as you think should be.

Also use tripod mode as much as possible and when you turn the camera (pannning) always try to be in tripod mode when you do which will help slow things down

Thanks for your reply. The footage i shot on 264 is ok when played back. I know i need practice with the sticks but i don’t think it’s that. Might just be my aging macbook Pro.

Reactions: allenface
Thanks for your reply. The footage i shot on 264 is ok when played back. I know i need practice with the sticks but i don’t think it’s that. Might just be my aging macbook Pro.
One thing. Don’t play the footage directly from the card. Dump it to a folder and then play back. Often the card read speed differs from the write speed. When acquiring cards, treat them like batteries. Only get the best fastest R/W and highest class card possible. You will noticed a difference in playback. Quality generally will be good no matter. It’s all about Write/Read speed.

Reactions: JSM
Yep. the footage i shot on 264 plays back fine. I would like to shoot 4K though. Maybe it is just the software or capability of my aging MacBook pro. Thanks for your response though.
Ok so Apple has their own flavor of H.265 and doesn’t like DJI’s.

The easiest way to overcome this is to create proxy versions of your clips in FCP X. This is helpful for editing 4K video anyway. Once you export from FCP X the original video will be re-encoded to Apple’s version of H.265 (if you use Compressor as FCP X doesn’t have h.265 as a default export option) and it will playback correctly. You can also export as h.264 or any other default option if you don’t want to pay the $50 for Compressor (this will export much faster as well as h. 265 is takes a lot more time and resources to encode. H. 264 is still more universal anyway so that’s what I would recommend. The only advantage to exporting to H. 265 is file size at the cost of export time.

Reactions: zeedeezee
Thanks v much. Helps me understand. I shall stick with h.264 for the while. what i shot this morning is perfect on 264

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka