DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 questions from a new Mavic Pro 2 owner already having technical problems!

jt420

Reactions
Ok, 1st question.....and I know this is on the threads here and as much reading as I have done I have not seen a "solved", or at least one that has worked for me. I get a "no image transmission signal" error upon startup, and it gives me an "error code 200" Check whether aircraft is connected to USB " message.

Steps Taken: Updated All firmware for aircraft and remote, as well as software (DJI 4)
Reformatted and inserted SD card as per suggestions on other threads...didn't work..and I tried 2 different cards
Used multiple USB cables and 2 different devices ( iPad mini 4 and Iphonee XS)

Additionally I occaissionaly get a Gimble Overload message, which seems to be common with people having the same issue as above.

2nd Question...is it normal to hear the internal fan running, and occasionally loudly, even when the aircraft is sitting idle ( no motors running) but turned on?

Thank you!

Ok, 1st question.....and I know this is on the threads here and as much reading as I have done I have not seen a "solved", or at least one that has worked for me. I get a "no image transmission signal" error upon startup, and it gives me an "error code 200" Check whether aircraft is connected to USB " message.

Steps Taken: Updated All firmware for aircraft and remote, as well as software (DJI 4)
Reformatted and inserted SD card as per suggestions on other threads...didn't work..and I tried 2 different cards

Additionally I occaissionaly get a Gimble Overload message, which seems to be common with people having the same issue as above.

2nd Question...is it normal to hear the internal fan running, and occasionally loudly, even when the aircraft is sitting idle ( no motors running) but turned on?

Thank you!
Answer to #2 is yes this can happen normally.

I’d contact DJI on #1. You may have gotten a less than fully functional drone.

... I get a "no image transmission signal" error upon startup, and it gives me an "error code 200" Check whether aircraft is connected to USB " message...
That is a strange message, since upon startup the aircraft should not be connected to a USB cable. Because it was made in China perhaps something was lost in translation since the only USB connection on startup is between the RC and phone/tablet. When connecting via USB, make sure there is nothing connected to the RC side port.

Perhaps the logs would show more meaningful error messages.

Last edited:

Thank you!
So Sorry For Your Issues, None Of It Is Normal, I Dont Get Or Never Have Gotten Any Of Those Issues, Sounds Like Something Wrong With The Flight Controller Board Inside The Drone, Damaged... Good Luck...

I sent it in for repair so we'll see what they say. Hoping it doesn't take forever! Just returned my mini so don't have that to fly anymore so now I"m bored!

So Sorry For Your Issues, None Of It Is Normal, I Dont Get Or Never Have Gotten Any Of Those Issues, Sounds Like Something Wrong With The Flight Controller Board Inside The Drone, Damaged... Good Luck...
Must Be An Auto Capitalization Key Stuck On Your Keyboard! :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: GarthH
According to DJI it was a "Gimble Arm" issue so I guess they're either repairing the unit or sending me a new ( different) one at no charge, so it was at least a warranty issue! They seem to be moving pretty well too, sent it on Tues, they received on Friday and got my quote today and it's showing " under repair" ...Not sure how long it takes to go from this status to flight test, quality inspection then shipping but so far I'm pretty happy.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
According to DJI it was a "Gimble Arm" issue so I guess they're either repairing the unit or sending me a new ( different) one at no charge, so it was at least a warranty issue! They seem to be moving pretty well too, sent it on Tues, they received on Friday and got my quote today and it's showing " under repair" ...Not sure how long it takes to go from this status to flight test, quality inspection then shipping but so far I'm pretty happy.
You'll be receiving a new unit with a different serial number. DJI no longer repairs the aircraft sent in. It's faster to send out a replacement, after you pay the "repair" bill, which is zero on warranty coverage.

That's fine with me, that should get it here sooner! I've flown it for a whopping 4 minutes so far and am dying to get it out and see how she does....upgraded from the Mini :)

Reactions: PAW
That's fine with me, that should get it here sooner! I've flown it for a whopping 4 minutes so far and am dying to get it out and see how she does....upgraded from the Mini :)
Great upgrade! Mine is being exchanged as well, through the dealer! Arriving tomorrow! Good luck!

Great upgrade! Mine is being exchanged as well, through the dealer! Arriving tomorrow! Good luck!
I was able to return my Mini to Apple, and bought a preowned MP2 Fly more for $1k even and it came with a whole set of Polar ND filters and a nice case (not the backpack)....as soon as they send it back I should get an email letting me buy DJ Refresh too which I think is a sensible expense

I was able to return my Mini to Apple, and bought a preowned MP2 Fly more for $1k even and it came with a whole set of Polar ND filters and a nice case (not the backpack)....as soon as they send it back I should get an email letting me buy DJ Refresh too which I think is a sensible expense
Indeed. The camera alone is $599 to replace, so the Refresh is good value if you fly as much as I do, and can recover the aircraft, unless you can get the State Farm Personal Articles Policy for $75, which covers all losses.

I have the State Farm PA policy and added the MP2 to it... $12 a year :). Covers anything that I can do to it, loss, theft flyaway....but doesn't give me any liability coverage

I have the State Farm PA policy and added the MP2 to it... $12 a year :). Covers anything that I can do to it, loss, theft flyaway....but doesn't give me any liability coverage
True! Just don't fly over people! Not supposed to anyway! :cool:

Reactions: jt420
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+