DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Questions: One on APAS, other on setting battery discharge timer

Bigfootbuilt

Reactions
Loving the hell out of my new MA! But this is only my 2nd drone since the P3A.

Q #1. On my P3A I had this setting where I can change the default battery discharge time from the default 10 days to something else. I cannot seem to find this in the MA DJI Go app. Is this even an option anymore?

Q #2. On the left side of the app is an icon to toggle on/off the APAS feature. Initially, the icon is white. I pressed the icon and it turned dark blue, supposedly enabling the feature. But now I can't disable it no matter how many times I tap the icon or long-press it. (I was doing this after a firmware update, so the AC wasn't flying). Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks for any feedback!

Loving the **** out of my new MA! But this is only my 2nd drone since the P3A.

Q #1. On my P3A I had this setting where I can change the default battery discharge time from the default 10 days to something else. I cannot seem to find this in the MA DJI Go app. Is this even an option anymore?

Q #2. On the left side of the app is an icon to toggle on/off the APAS feature. Initially, the icon is white. I pressed the icon and it turned dark blue, supposedly enabling the feature. But now I can't disable it no matter how many times I tap the icon or long-press it. (I was doing this after a firmware update, so the AC wasn't flying). Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks for any feedback!
There should still be a setting for custom discharge, it used to be under the battery icon, I have not looked for it for awhile.

Okay so the setting for the battery to discharge in x amount of days is not in the app yet. I'm sure they will add it but yes that is missing... as for the APAS function if you turn off the Drone and then turn it back on doesn't it reset in the app? What about if you just flick into sport mode real quick? I can usually turn mine on and off though

I'm having the same issue trying to deactivate APAS after activating it by tapping the white APAS icon (which then turns blue). Unless I reboot DJI Go 4, it won't turn off. Spoke to DJI and they said it's the first they've heard of the issue (I doubt that). It should turn off/deactivate by a simple tap of the icon, but it won't. I'm using both a Samsung S8 and/or Samsung Tab S2 for the remote controller screen. DJI doesn't know if that makes any difference. Bottom line, DJI says send my Mavic Air back and they will troubleshoot. Wonder how long that takes?

Anyone have a fix before I send it back?

I'm having the same issue trying to deactivate APAS after activating it by tapping the white APAS icon (which then turns blue). Unless I reboot DJI Go 4, it won't turn off. Spoke to DJI and they said it's the first they've heard of the issue (I doubt that). It should turn off/deactivate by a simple tap of the icon, but it won't. I'm using both a Samsung S8 and/or Samsung Tab S2 for the remote controller screen. DJI doesn't know if that makes any difference. Bottom line, DJI says send my Mavic Air back and they will troubleshoot. Wonder how long that takes?

Anyone have a fix before I send it back?
Weird works fine with my s8+ .... well then I suggest you to do is download DJI assistant 2 for the computer and refresh the firmware for your mavic air usually squashes away little bugs like that

Are you saying that when the APAS triangle is blue, you can tap it and it turns off to white? I've had the Assistant 2 from the start and have the software set to auto check for updates so that's not the issue.

That didn't do anything unfortunately. What seems to finally have done the trick is when the DJI GO 4 4.2.8 version was available to download a couple days ago. After that a couple days ago, the issue apparently has resolved itself thank goodness.

Reactions: RoadieMunky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11