DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 questions real quick

realitycheck

Reactions
I went flying a few times today. Two times I got an error on my remote control and it started beeping at me while I was rotating the gimbal. The remote said recenter wheel once I let go of the left wheel it was fine and would stop beeping message would go away and I could start using the wheel again. What is this warning and is there anything wrong with the mavic?
Second question I was inside my brothers jeep had the drone in front of us where I could see it in front of us. I have the remote connected to my phone with a usb cord to the bottom of remote which has worked flawlessly since I got the cord. While in the jeep I just flew it backwards in front of us driving slow on a trail. The app said no signal on my phone and eventually said it had to close. I restarted it and never got signal back to app. It crashed again I never lost signal with remote it was full strength. I finally just landed it and went on. Flew again later and had no problems. Where would the no signal problem come from?

Reactions: Bigfoot
A car is a faraday's cage, I tried the same thing and the signal was really spotty... try opening a window and sticking the RC out the window to give it a fighting chance..

Both front windows were open. I don't understand though isn't the app connected to the remote through the usb cable not any kind of signal. Remote was full strength connection to the aircraft.

1) The beeping you are hearing is the controller thinking the wheel is stuck. The same thing happens if you hold a stick non centered when you turn on the remote, it starts beeping wildly. This is a warning beep in case a wheel or stick gets out of alignment and needs to be calibrated.
Just let go for a fraction of a second and let it recenter like you did and the beeping stops. It is normal, I get the same beeping from time to time, partly because my gimbal tilt speed is so slow the controller thinks it's a problem.

2) Sounds like an app problem. Android apparently has some issues with the app crashing, especially on the newest OS version. Try the usual, close all other apps, airplane mode, reinstall, allow all permissions it is asking for. Make sure the usb cable is good, try switching it to another one. I can't comment more since I've never had an issue on my Huawei 5c.

As far as flying with good signal strength from inside the car, that's not a problem. I've flown several kilometers away from the car while it was moving, just to get the mavic from point A to B.

Thank you for your help Xcel. Thats what changed is my I slowed my gimbal speed down pretty slow to make it smoother.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3