DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 years of blurry footage finally fixed for 17 dollars

Robbo man

Reactions
I have had frustration for 2 years with focus blur on the top left of all my footage tried everything sent the mavic back twice read every post here and on the DJI forum but would end up always cropping my footage to cinema scope to try and hide it, but after reading a post about someone buying a replacement camera on ebay I ordered one. Fitted it today and went down to the park for a test and finally for the first time in 2 years I have clear in focus shots!! Makes you wonder what DJI did when they had it!
FYI here is the link:
For DJI MAVIC Drone Genuine Gimbal 4K Video Camera Lens Repair Part Original POP | eBay

Finally happy with my Mavic

awsome u were stubborn and wouldnt settle,, how hard was the install of the new camera, i accidentally duncked my mav in the lake a few months ago and the camera was fully underwater and i get errors once in while, thoght about replacing it,,, didnt realize they were soooo cheap

It's very easy to replace, 6 screws but they are tiny so a super small Phillips head screwdriver and a magnifying glass needed. There is also a you tube video of someone doing it.

Great you solved it. Thanks for the tip. I might order one for spare. maybe it fogs up less quickly than my original lens. It is very cheap for a genuine replacement lens. Most ND filters are twice as much.

Cool, I was going trough ebay listings and thought it must be a scam....
So this cheap camera is actually WORKING???

Cool, I was going trough ebay listings and thought it must be a scam....
So this cheap camera is actually WORKING???
It's only the lens replacement part. Not the whole camera. But still very cheap.

I wonder if this would fix the issue they had with the older Mavics that had the bad quality with 1080p. I have one of those old Mavics and 4k works really well but 1080p looks like a waterpainting.

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a simple and inexpensive fix to replace the entire camera with a better camera with better sensor?

Reactions: RobP62
Super easy to replace the camera lens

Actually 2 screws that hold it in place
2 for the little wire cover cover

So 4 in total :)

Same process to fix the gimbal arm.
It’s nice that the gimbal is so cheap and easy to service on the Mavic.

Ahhh....I also have the blur issue in my corners, and I was going to send my Mavic back to DJI for repair while it was still under warranty, but I didn't want to be without it (and I suspected they would either not fix the issue or they would send me back a junky refurbished Mavic), so I never bothered sending it in.

For less than $20, I am going to give this a try and see what happens....

Dang it -- nothing is ever easy! eBay appears to have lenses for under $20, but I really don't like buying anything from eBay (way too many bad experiences). So, I go to Amazon and guess what? Looks like exactly the same item is being sold for around $90.

HMMMmmm....hate when this happens. Is the Amazon version just a ripoff, or is the eBay version just junk?

Attachments

• lens1.png
    lens1.png
    423.1 KB · Views: 79
  • lens2.png
    lens2.png
    330.6 KB · Views: 76
I wonder if this would fix the issue they had with the older Mavics that had the bad quality with 1080p. I have one of those old Mavics and 4k works really well but 1080p looks like a waterpainting.

Changing the physical lens won’t help with that - is related to the low bitrate used for 1080P compression.

This is great. i love to see someone taking the leap and doing a little actual electronics repair.

So many people are afraid to mess with things for fear of messing something up... but you did it just fine, and inspired others in the process. awesome.

HMMMmmm....hate when this happens. Is the Amazon version just a ripoff, or is the eBay version just junk?
I think the Amazon ones come from US retailers and of course they will charge more and the Ebay ones come from China where everything is a lot cheaper.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters