DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Accessories

HugoStiglitz

Reactions
1st timer, still awaiting delivery of a pre-owned 2 Zoom. Looking to protect it from any initial damage during the learning curve. Saw ads for what they called "Snow Skis" that attach to the body to raise it for takeoff/landing.

Also I see gimbal covers. Some seem for flight, some for transport. Seems to me that this could cause issues with lens flares, distortion, etc... .

Any input on the merit of this additions, or brands of those deemed better than others ???

Thanks !

Reactions: GFields
1st timer, still awaiting delivery of a pre-owned 2 Zoom. Looking to protect it from any initial damage during the learning curve. Saw ads for what they called "Snow Skis" that attach to the body to raise it for takeoff/landing.

Also I see gimbal covers. Some seem for flight, some for transport. Seems to me that this could cause issues with lens flares, distortion, etc... .

Any input on the merit of this additions, or brands of those deemed better than others ???

Thanks !
Gimbal covers are to support the camera and protect it from damage during transport. I have not seen any that are made to have on during flight because they would stop gimbal and camera movement and damage the motors. There may be something out there designed for use during flight, but I haven't seen them. Some would say adding anything on the drone affects or takes away from performance, however i have a M2Z and they have a lot of power to overcome the addition of some accessories. As for skies, they would keep it up a little so it doesn't mow the grass. The option I went with was a fold up "hoop" style takeoff/landing pad. Mine is about 4' in diameter when deployed, yet zips into a nice case about 16" in diameter when collapsed. It keeps the props from cutting grass and kicking up dirt/dust. By the way, try to avoid takeoff from pavement or any surface that has steel in or near it. It will mess with the compass and cause lots of problems. I always takeoff from grass or dirt, and wait for a good gps lock.

since we have snow roughly 362 days a year (joke) I do have "snow skis" that are also handy in rough terrain or tall grass if you can't use a pad and don't want to hand hold. I don't use them often but appreciate having it when needed. Don't recall the brand.

Reactions: HugoStiglitz

Thanks !
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum! Wait until you get it before buying accessories. I own a Mavic 2 Zoom and you may not need any additional accessories (other than an SD card).

I have the "skies" for my mini2 and air2 and like them. They give that little bit of extra ground clearance and a easier feeling when hand catching these littler drones. I have been looking at the Tomat "skies" on Amazon for the 2Z but do not fly it enough to justify yet. ND filters if you want to protect the cam maybe but if you do something in flight to hurt that I am pretty sure the other damage to your drone will make it a non issue. Different chargers, carry cases and maybe even goggles are some things to look into while you are waiting.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I prefer to hand launch/catch if I don't have a suitable surface to use. Hand launching and catching is easy, with a bit of practice. There are plenty of videos out there showing variatons on the technique.

I also have a landing pad, similar, though smaller than the one KB9 described. I use it occasionally.

If you're a photographer first, ND filters that include a CPL. If you intend to get up close & personal to anything for a "macro" shot: PGYTECH prop guards. At least 2 additional batteries and a battery charger that can charge 3 batteries concurrently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr