DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2019 ipad mini 5 compatible with go 4 and mavic air?

Ztopgun28

Reactions
I have a mavic air. Are any of you who are using the 2019 iPad mini 5, have any compatibility issues with the go 4 app? I noticed it wasn't listed on the DJI compatability website list, but only the mini 4 was. I want to connect it to my Samsung s10+ hotspot. Before I buy a 64gb mini 5, should I be fine? Otherwise i was going to get the '2019 ipad 10.2 tablet (7th generation) with a mount, but I prefer the mini 5. And is only 2gb ram in the mini 5 good enough? I would use the mini 5 for drone flying only.

Last edited:
I noticed it wasn't listed on the DJI compatability website list
That just means DJI is not offering technical support for it.

The iPad Mini 5 is a solid choice. Lots of people are using it.

Reactions: Ztopgun28
Using iPad mini 5 for Spark and Mavic Pro. I’ve run Go and Litchi with no problems.

Also, using S8 for hot spotting and that works great.

What's the thinnest backside case I can use and still have my mini 5 fit in the controller? Will this work ?.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-091013_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200417-091013_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 11
I don’t think you will be able to put a case on it and still have it fit in the controller. They fit very tight as the come from Apple.
I have a decalgirl decal on mine to keep some scratches off.
I think most people are using something like a mavmount as a device holder that will connect to the controller.

I don’t think you will be able to put a case on it and still have it fit in the controller. They fit very tight as the come from Apple.
I have a decalgirl decal on mine to keep some scratches off.
I think most people are using something like a mavmount as a device holder that will connect to the controller.
Ohhh ok thanks

<SNIP> but I prefer the mini 5. And is only 2gb ram in the mini 5 good enough? I would use the mini 5 for drone flying only.
Others can voice their opinion but I would get more RAM. It's pretty hard to predict how much RAM you will need in the future. I have a Mini 4 w/128GB

Others can voice their opinion but I would get more RAM. It's pretty hard to predict how much RAM you will need in the future. I have a Mini 4 w/128GB
The mini5 has 3GB of ram I believe, verses 2 with the mini4. The RAM storage capacity is used by the processor and is a separate number from the storage capacity of the device. Mini5 is only available in 64 or 128GB storage capacity. If you store tons of pictures on the device without transferring to something else, sure, get the 128. The 64 works fine for me, but I do move pictures to another file holder when needed.

There is a difference between RAM and storage space.

I can assure you, your Mini 5 does not have 128GB of RAM.

Cheers!

There is a difference between RAM and storage space.

I can assure you, your Mini 5 does not have 128GB of RAM.

Cheers!
Apparently, neither does my Mini 4.It seems that Apple likes to throw numbers around without clear labels.

The mini5 has 3GB of ram I believe, verses 2 with the mini4. The RAM storage capacity is used by the processor and is a separate number from the storage capacity of the device. Mini5 is only available in 64 or 128GB storage capacity. If you store tons of pictures on the device without transferring to something else, sure, get the 128. The 64 works fine for me, but I do move pictures to another file holder when needed.
Minor correction. Mini 5 is only available in 64GB and 256GB. There is no option of 128GB on the Mini 5.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000