DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2020 Nevada & Mojave ghost towns and mines

Ray Dunakin

Reactions

My 2020 trip to explore ghost towns and mining camps of Nevada and the Mojave desert was an incredible experience! I'm currently working on the many videos from the trip, featuring numerous historic sites as well as some stunning scenery and wildlife. Here's a little preview of what's to come.

Music: "Epic Cinematic Trailer"

by Dream Notes Sounds

There's some really nice shots in there.
When you speed the footage up you might want to add a stabilization otherwise all the wobbles in the flight are exaggerated and made much more obvious e.g. @ 0:16 and 0:49

I'd also trim the shot @ 0:36 to end before the drone motion stops, the way it's cut makes it _very_ obvious it's drone footage.

Not sure I approve of spooking and chasing the wildlife @ 0:28 . The next shot of horses is great and a better distance imho.

There's some really nice shots in there.
When you speed the footage up you might want to add a stabilization otherwise all the wobbles in the flight are exaggerated and made much more obvious e.g. @ 0:16 and 0:49

I'd also trim the shot @ 0:36 to end before the drone motion stops, the way it's cut makes it _very_ obvious it's drone footage.

Not sure I approve of spooking and chasing the wildlife @ 0:28 . The next shot of horses is great and a better distance imho.

Thanks for the tips! The wobbles in the accelerated footage bothered me too, but it never occurred to me to use stabilization.

The antelope was already running, the drone just joined him.

Superior trip! Can't wait for the whole story! :)

Reactions: Ray Dunakin
Looks amazing! (the wobbles didn't bother me too much). Look forward to seeing more. Actually reminds me of a trip my wife and I took from Las Vegas to Death Valley, a stunning country!

My 2020 trip to explore ghost towns and mining camps of Nevada and the Mojave desert was an incredible experience! I'm currently working on the many videos from the trip, featuring numerous historic sites as well as some stunning scenery and wildlife. Here's a little preview of what's to come.
Hi Ray,
wow, I love ghosttowns and remote landscapes! Interesting shots and good fitting music! Looking forward to other videos

cheers Paul

Music: "Epic Cinematic Trailer"

by Dream Notes Sounds

That was a lot of fun - well done! It left me wanting more - looking forward to see more of your videos. :)

That was a lot of fun - well done! It left me wanting more - looking forward to see more of your videos. :)

Too much chop and change, with landscape video you need to slow things down and let the eye wander around the scene. Stability, as others have mentioned, is key in video shoots otherwise it is very jarring, especially when speeded up.

No criticism, just constructive advice from too many years in broadcast TV.

Too much chop and change, with landscape video you need to slow things down and let the eye wander around the scene. Stability, as others have mentioned, is key in video shoots otherwise it is very jarring, especially when speeded up.

It really didn't bother me much - I enjoyed the video. Of course, we can always improve our craft.

Thanks, I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Very well done. Just subscribed to your YT channel so I will get notices of when you post more. Thanks!

Boxcar Cabin & Lee Mines, CA 2020

This video features the first place I visited during my 2020 Nevada & Mojave trip -- the Boxcar Cabin and Lee Mines, CA. You'll get to see this unique prospector's cabin inside and out, as well as mining remnants that date back to the 1920s.

Music: "Acoustic Guitar Background"

by Vsevolod Pankratov

Licensed through AudioJungle

Reactions: Malcx
Nugget Mine, CA 2020

In this video I check out a former miner’s cabin hidden in a remote canyon of the Mojave desert. This amazing cabin has been well-maintained and apparently still sees frequent use. This was the second site I visited during my 2020 Nevada & Mojave trip

Music: “Folk Guitars 2n1”
by Splashkabona

I really enjoyed this and thank you for sharing. You did a very good job on it. It's one of the reasons I bought my first drone. Thumbswayup

Lost Steers Mine, NV 2020

Come along as I visit a fascinating cinnabar (mercury) mine on a mountain peak in Nevada. This mine features an unusual ore bin and two-levels of trestles, built on a rocky cliff. I spent the second night of my trip near this mine and got some spectacular time-lapse shots of the night sky.

Music:

“Folk Acoustic Guitars Positive”
by Jupiter Beat

“Sweet and Simple”
by Cosmic Sounds

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads