DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

29.97fps not 30fps

Fdnyfish

Reactions
On the mavic mini, I have it set to record at 1440 @ 30fps, but when I look at the video properties, it’s saying 29.97fps. Is there a way to actually record at 30 fps ?

I ask because I’m using a piece of software that keeps crashing on videos that are 29.97 fps.

29.97 is the standard, pretty much every time you see 30 it's actually 29.97.
Exactly and this is true for all Mavics, not just the Mini. Keep an eye on this within any 3rd party video editor, otherwise you will see "hickups" in the finished video.

And the difference it makes is what? Not really worth bothering about as your eye can’t tell the difference anyway , I doubt

Nonsense.. .

Reactions: BigAl07
Be sure you will see the difference, just try out!

You're saying the human eye can tell the difference between 29.97fps and a genuine 30fps? Negative sir.. not possible.

30fps is the standard but fact is that is "rounded" to make things easier.

Reactions: Gkinghrn
It is a thing of synchronisation. If your video player beliefs to have a 30 fps input file and it is only 29.97 fps in realty the video will play normally for few seconds, followed by a short but visible freezing, repeating again and again. This was a well known problem with the first videos from Mavic Pro on YouTube three years ago, causing many discussions about the reason.

Well I've never notuced it on anything ever ... Maybe just resync your eyes [emoji16]

It's 30fps for us humans. 29.97fps for computers and editing software. Easy really …….. ;)

On the mavic mini, I have it set to record at 1440 @ 30fps, but when I look at the video properties, it’s saying 29.97fps. Is there a way to actually record at 30 fps ?

I ask because I’m using a piece of software that keeps crashing on videos that are 29.97 fps.
Since the NTSC standard 29.97 fps is ubiquitous in video cameras, I'd say it's time to look around for new software. Also, you should probably warn others about using that software. What is it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54