DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2D Goggles so I can use DJI Go 4?

Bramavic2

Reactions
I found this old thread about modifying a cheap 3D goggle (google cardboard) to use for DJI GO:

And I wonder the same thing as the author. Since the image is 2D, the FPV implementations like DJI Goggles, Litchi, DroneVR have to convert the image to use as FPV, cutting the resolution in half, getting rid of information, not to mention general discomfort with 3D (I have a lot).

Why don't they sell solutions to mount our mobile running DJI GO to our faces directly? I would be much cheaper and flexible.That said I found something that might work, but it seem almost not available anymore (no demand?).

I wonder if anybody might thought of a better (and cheap) idea for using DJI GO under the sun.

Reactions: John235
The Epson Moverio BT-300 is the best choice but it is expensive
At 5m the virtual screen size is equivalent to 80inches

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattydude77
The BT-300 looks interesting but how hard is it to get used to them?

Mr.G

Not hard at all if you use the screen to fly with in a normal phone setup, if you watch the drone in the sky it's a little bit harder.

The touch pad interface takes the longest to get used to

I found this old thread about modifying a cheap 3D goggle (google cardboard) to use for DJI GO:

And I wonder the same thing as the author. Since the image is 2D, the FPV implementations like DJI Goggles, Litchi, DroneVR have to convert the image to use as FPV, cutting the resolution in half, getting rid of information, not to mention general discomfort with 3D (I have a lot).

I made a simple cardboard shield for my tablet. I works somewhat, but is bulky and light leaks in through the viewport. The biggest disadvantage is that it makes it inconvenient to touch the screen.

How about something like this?

Support a "selfie stick" from a hat or helmets and perhaps shoulder supports. Put a tablet mount on it. If well enough supported, the tablet could suspend in front of your face say 12" away, leaving enough room to use the touch screen. Include a sunshield from hat to tablet. It might sound and look a bit silly, but would it work?

Why don't they sell solutions to mount our mobile running DJI GO to our faces directly? I would be much cheaper and flexible.That said I found something that might work, but it seem almost not available anymore (no demand?).

I wonder if anybody might thought of a better (and cheap) idea for using DJI GO under the sun.

I had the same problem with finding a solution for the Mavic Mini. Finally I got the XIMMERSE Visor X goggles and modified them with additional sun shields, see:

This works for DJI Fly app as well as for the GO4 app or Litchi. For operating the app I am using a one-handed Bluetooth controller which enables a mouse cursor on your mobile device.

I had the same problem with finding a solution for the Mavic Mini. Finally I got the XIMMERSE Visor X goggles and modified them with additional sun shields, see:

This works for DJI Fly app as well as for the GO4 app or Litchi. For operating the app I am using a one-handed Bluetooth controller which enables a mouse cursor on your mobile device.
Nice! I will try something like this when mine arrives. As I said, I really wonder why not more people are interested in something like this. I also saw something similar to Visor X that comes with a different solution for sun shades, see here:

May I know which Bluetooth controller you are using? Tks

I am using this one:

This one should work, too:

But be aware that the required cursor control only works for Android, not iOS.

As I said, I really wonder why not more people are interested in something like this.

They said it in the video, you look a bit like a "knob head" wearing them, just not sexy I guess.

I am using this one:

This one should work, too:

But be aware that the required cursor control only works for Android, not iOS.
Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929