DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd video - :)

Really nice vibe going on with you just hanging out with your friends. It's not in-your-face pow pow pow action, it's really about relaxing, even though it's clear that the trip you took was filled with all kinds of exciting things to do.

I would consider bumping up the mid-tones a bit and keeping the shadows low. Also, while I like the editing of cuts on the beat, there are a couple places where you included footage that was just hunting around and setting up a shot. Cut away the setup, keep the meat of each shot.

Really nice vibe going on with you just hanging out with your friends. It's not in-your-face pow pow pow action, it's really about relaxing, even though it's clear that the trip you took was filled with all kinds of exciting things to do.

I would consider bumping up the mid-tones a bit and keeping the shadows low. Also, while I like the editing of cuts on the beat, there are a couple places where you included footage that was just hunting around and setting up a shot. Cut away the setup, keep the meat of each shot.
thanks for the input. I have FCPx but don't know how to use it too well :( It's only my second time using it. Maybe you can share some links on how to correct what you're talking about.

Without any extra add-ons, it's straightforward to do what I describe.

4C1VBeg.png

Add a Color Correction effect to your clip. Just drag the highlighted rainbow-icon item on top of your clip in the timeline.

Y2W7SwC.png

In the inspector, select the Color Correction effect and open the "Color Board". Initially you will see a rainbow chart but then select the "Exposure" sub-item and you will see these three bins for exposure.

Pull the middle ball upward and watch the effect on your clip. A hot bright desert day should look bright and contrasty, but the camera on the Mavic (and most other cameras) will tend to auto-compensate and make the average of the scene at about the middle brightness, leaving it a little dingy or muted.

NAa1Omd.png

Adjust to taste. If you want, go to the "Saturation" sub-item and fiddle with what the knobs do to your overall vivid color levels too. In most videos, be sparing but don't be afraid to season your dish to perfection.

There are plenty of other plugins and add-ins for FCPX to do fancy color grading, but the simplest color corrections are available within the built-in effects at no extra charge. Explore them, and have fun.

Without any extra add-ons, it's straightforward to do what I describe.

4C1VBeg.png

Add a Color Correction effect to your clip. Just drag the highlighted rainbow-icon item on top of your clip in the timeline.

Y2W7SwC.png

In the inspector, select the Color Correction effect and open the "Color Board". Initially you will see a rainbow chart but then select the "Exposure" sub-item and you will see these three bins for exposure.

Pull the middle ball upward and watch the effect on your clip. A hot bright desert day should look bright and contrasty, but the camera on the Mavic (and most other cameras) will tend to auto-compensate and make the average of the scene at about the middle brightness, leaving it a little dingy or muted.

NAa1Omd.png

Adjust to taste. If you want, go to the "Saturation" sub-item and fiddle with what the knobs do to your overall vivid color levels too. In most videos, be sparing but don't be afraid to season your dish to perfection.

There are plenty of other plugins and add-ins for FCPX to do fancy color grading, but the simplest color corrections are available within the built-in effects at no extra charge. Explore them, and have fun.

i got color finale but i think my computer is tooo slow

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas