DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Much Needed Improvements on Mavic Mini

telecam

Reactions
Following a day of testing, here are the top 3 improvements I'd like to see on the Mavic Mini:

1. Manual White Balance with choice of Kelvin setting and Sunny, Overcast, Incandescent
2. Ajustable speed on the "Circle" quick shot setting. Way to fast now.
3. Add "Follow Me" mode in Quick Shots

Overall, great impression for a v1.0 product. The aircraft flies very smooth considering its size and weight. Image quality is superb at 2.7K resolution and the 40 Mbps data rate shows no obvious compression artifacts, flickering or moirée seen on other DJI starter drones in the past. Overall picture colors is on the punchy side and a bit contrasty but hopefully, software updates will bring a few picture profiles choice and/or a manual color setting mode.

Last edited:
The first major improvement must be the ESC, because its the main reason of loosing the drones, after that what you said, if the drone crashes does no matter what is the speed of the circle, this drone has big issues at the ESC

The first major improvement must be the ESC, because its the main reason of loosing the drones, after that what you said, if the drone crashes does no matter what is the speed of the circle, this drone has big issues at the ESC
Why do you say there are ESC issues?

because i saw on the DJI forum everybody has this issue, on the screen "insufficient power" and in the logs "not enough force" that means not only outside, even indoor i had that errors, that is not caused by wind, but from ESC

because i saw on the DJI forum everybody has this issue, on the screen "insufficient power" and in the logs "not enough force" that means not only outside, even indoor i had that errors, that is not caused by wind, but from ESC
Fair enough assumption. Equally probably if not more likely could be a simple miscalculation of the relevant parameters that inform the flight controller and/or fly app algorithms in what conditions the advisory should be triggered.

It would be a truly inept engineering team that failed to get the ESC and other propulsion system components appropriately specified for the design objectives.

Reactions: WooZie

What is ESC?

Link to everybody having this issue please.
tia

So, today I got a message saying something about the drone using maximum power, but before I could read it, it disappeared. Is that what this is about?

So, today I got a message saying something about the drone using maximum power, but before I could read it, it disappeared. Is that what this is about?
I’m leaning towards yes. Hoping to see a bit more info. Certainly not a ton of power to get out of a small motor and probably DJ doesn’t want them abused. Hence the constant messages.

if you want to see that, look yourself at your logs of every flight, and DanMan32, indeed it is a false alarm until the drone fall, after that will be a true alarm, just like mine, you have read my topic and you see the truth
this is what i am talking about Not Enough Force / ESC Error
first of all a drone must fly, if not flies is not a drone, so the best feature of a drone is to fly without any problems or message or alerts, after that we could talk about camera and other options

Last edited:
personally ,i do not think there is any inherent fault in the ESCs ,everything on this drone has been minaturised ,from the props, to the electronics in the power train, there will be firmware updates that provide solutions to issues being encountered right now this is nothing new and happens with every new model

DJI forum said they are aware of the ‘issue’, I’m sure it will be resolved in an update. I’m currently testing a portable power bank abilities to charge batteries etc., so I’m flying the crap out of my AC in sport mode currently.... yes I get the warnings but nothing has fallen or fallen off yet! Apart from my fingers and toes (can’t believe I’m complaining about extra flight time ?). All in all i think it’s a great start from DJI and I’m looking forward to the next couple of updates.

Omm that is what i said, this is the first problem that should be analised and solved, because the drone must stay in the sky, not on the ground :))), if they will solved via firmware, maybe will decrease the speed, we don't know yet, we will see what they do

if you want to see that, look yourself at your logs of every flight, and DanMan32, indeed it is a false alarm until the drone fall, after that will be a true alarm, just like mine, you have read my topic and you see the truth
this is what i am talking about Not Enough Force / ESC Error
first of all a drone must fly, if not flies is not a drone, so the best feature of a drone is to fly without any problems or message or alerts, after that we could talk about camera and other options
There's nothing in that DJI forum thread that suggests anything.
It's well known that the not enough force message is a false alarm and appears frequently without any real reason.
You've assumed it's an ESC error because Airdata said Not Enough Force/ESC Error.
That's because a real ESC error and a real Not enough force warning are similar.
But it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your ESCs.

You've said that your drone crashed.
Did you do anything to identify the real cause of your incident or jump to assume it was an ESC error (it almost certainly wasn't).

There's nothing in that DJI forum thread that suggests anything.
It's well known that the not enough force message is a false alarm and appears frequently without any real reason.
You've assumed it's an ESC error because Airdata said Not Enough Force/ESC Error.
That's because a real ESC error and a real Not enough force warning are similar.
But it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your ESCs.

You've said that your drone crashed.
Did you do anything to identify the real cause of your incident or jump to assume it was an ESC error (it almost certainly wasn't).
yes i did, if you want you cand read my topic here on the forum and there on DJI forum
At this moment the drone is in the service in netherland, i said i will post here what they say it was the reason

i think you understood me wrong, i like the drone, i am not a hater, but i am worried about the next drone if will have the same problem, or others, it is a new product untested enough

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada