DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Reasons DJI Mavic Air is still the best drone for 2019

I love your video. Thanks for the information on the drone.

3 reasons why the Air is better.... completely ignores all the reason's it is not better. So what is the point?

Plus... he's incorrect.

He has the Mavic Pro recording at 35mbps (35? Really?) It records at 60mbps.

Mavic Pro – Specs, Videos, Downloads and FAQ

Comparing the video from two unrelated shots? How is this even a thing. If you are going to compare shots from two different area, on different days, of different things.... at _least_ get the mbps correct.

Mavic Air and Mavic Pro.... truth is... these are two different types of drones. It is like comparing an apple to an orange (and saying the orange is better because it has more orange color).

Last edited:
Sorry, I took the air with me on a live aboard in raja anpat, rarely we saw another boat, so it cannot be interference but I couldn’t get constant coverage, it ranged from 150-400m. It’s amazing size does not prevail over the fact you can just simply not take the landscape you want. Got myself the m2pro and loving it

Well I have all three MA spark and M2z and the M2 is the best of the bunch and the spark is for sale. But in general I use the MA as it's just convenient. I did not like the MP as the image quality in low light was awful. So I agree for the most part but he is off regarding specs.

Well my very first question revolves around your comment about sneaking the drone in through customs in a country where it is not allowed without almost impossible regulatory red tape. Anticipating a trip to Zambia (safari) and Madagascar, I have communicated numerous times with them but never get an answer except for web site. Application was impossible feat, and was in French. So I am tempted to put it into my camera bag, but with the great fear of confiscation, if not a fine or more ominous consequences. They have great fears of drone users because of poaching in Zambia. What are your thoughts on this?

Don
Well my very first question revolves around your comment about sneaking the drone in through customs in a country where it is not allowed without almost impossible regulatory red tape. Anticipating a trip to Zambia (safari) and Madagascar, I have communicated numerous times with them but never get an answer except for web site. Application was impossible feat, and was in French. So I am tempted to put it into my camera bag, but with the great fear of confiscation, if not a fine or more ominous consequences. They have great fears of drone users because of poaching in Zambia. What are your thoughts on this?
Do not go to Zambia?

Reactions: Kilrah
Don

Do not go to Zambia?
Did you say "do not go to Zambia" for a reason? Or do not take drone to Zambia. We are going to a very well known safari lodge with a professional photographer as a guide.

I was being only slightly
Did you say "do not go to Zambia" for a reason? Or do not take drone to Zambia. We are going to a very well known safari lodge with a professional photographer as a guide.

I was being perhaps slightly facetious but yes, I meant if you can’t get a good answer, and they clearly are hesitant on drones, the last thing you want to do is end up in a Zambian jail...

Reactions: Babaganoosh
Mavic Air and Mavic Pro.... truth is... these are two different types of drones. It is like comparing an apple to an orange (and saying the orange is better because it has more orange color).
Are they really so different? "Fly more" bags aren't very different in size, both are foldable, camera quality is not much different between MA and MP.

I do have MA and M2P, but only reason I have both is price/camera difference. I use Air in risky missions, below freezing, etc. But generally I use M2P now.

But but wifi

This thing cannot fly further than 200 meters before the connection becomes unstable and blocky

Massive **** drone for me. After using the better connection feature of the Mavic Pro series, there is no way back.

But but wifi

This thing cannot fly further than 200 meters before the connection becomes unstable and blocky

Massive **** drone for me. After using the better connection feature of the Mavic Pro series, there is no way back.
thats the whole issue connectivity my phantom 3 is a wonderful UAV great camera good flight time and is great for flying but its weak point is signal loss due to interference as it uses standard wifi my mav platinum on the other hand because of ocusync does not suffer from this and is the main reason i purchased it. as another poster said it is like chalk and cheese to compare different DJI products they all have their merits for different reasons and it is what you want from your UAV that will influence you purchase

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo-Rider

I went to Zambia (only Livingstone, crossing on foot via the bridge from Zimbabwe). Brought my M2Z and flew over the falls (well below chopper levels, mind you). No problems at the border. Having said that, land borders will always be easier. Flying into Zambia, Rwanda (check my post on Rwanda), Kenya and possibly other African destinations you risk having it confiscated (nothing major, you just won't be able to use it and they should give it back when you leave the country), so either cross by land from a country that you CAN bring it into on an airplane or just leave it at home. That's the reality. I don't think jailtime would be involved, it's not North Korea, unless you do something majorly stupid, like flying over a protected safari area (like the guy above me said, poaching is a fear for them).

Thanks for your reply. After weeks of asking this Zambia/Madagascar question on this panel your is the first actual real answer. Have been to Africa 10 times but never with a drone. It was me who said they were afraid of drone because of poaching- I got that my Cape Town travel agent. Unfortunately we are arriving by air from connecting flight Johannesburg. As well, we fly from into Madagascar too, and they, also are very particular about drones. Looks like it's just better to leave it home. I, too, crossed that bridge, but paid for a commercial helicopter and got great images.

Well, if it's any consolation I never heard anything like that about Madagascar so maybe you'll have luck there. For what it's worth, I flew extensively in Tanzania (just not Serengeti), where I brought the drone on an airplane, Kenya (crossed overland from Tanzania), South Africa (flew in) and Zimbabwe (land crossing from South Africa) - never a problem be it at the border or inside the country. Never used in any game parks of course, though I did meet a guide in Kenya, who offered to take me to Maasai Mara to places where I'd be able to fly. Not sure if I should take him up on that though..:)

Not to belabor the point but if you look through all of the lodge web sites, there are tons of drone sequences to enhance the web site. It is such a shame that this alternative photographic view is not allowed, but can understand that they do threaten to disturb the wildebeest and elephant herds, and even stampede them.

I fully agree with the opinion in this video!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143