DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 step, safe hand catch and launch of Mavic MIni and Mavic Pro 2

Brilliant! Picked up my Combo yesterday. I was kind of shocked at how low the gimbal is. I determined the best way to protect the gimbal would be to hand catch rather than land on the ground. Then I realized even with a snow/sleet storm raging outside, with the MM, I can practice hand catches inside.;)
Now I have a method to follow rather winging it & hoping for a good result. Thanks! I’m sure this will be a big help to many.

so, be aware - mavic mini is not working as mavic 2 in regard of hand catch. mavic 2 can be quickly grabbed from the below and if you cover sensors quick it does not struggle to go up. mavic mini always struggles to go up if you quickly cover its belly cameras. it is not dangerous as its props are not big enough to brake free, but, the only safe way to hand catch it is the same as a recommended method on mavic 2 - you put palm of your hand under the drone, it will hover slightly up above your hand, then you pull left stick down and it lowers into your hand.

i tried to do a quick 90 deg roll method on MM too but it did not work neither, and i did not try again. arms are really flimsy, i was afraid a roll like that with props going 100% may damage it. it puts 100% power immediately after you cover the sensors.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair