DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

30 Days to Ensure Mavic Pro is 100%

rcflyingaddict

Reactions
I have... or will have +/- 30 days to test out my new Mavic when I get back to the states later in the week (ordered it here in China ** Even though I could have saved 150$ US buying it on location**after getting to know the Mavic at the dji shops). Is there a short list of things I should check to ensure everything is working properly? My aim is to sort any issues in the window so I can exchange for a new unit w/out hassle if anything is amiss. I was reading about someone having issues with RTH .... Mavic would make several move forward, up, move forward to get back to home etc.... and the advice in the thread was to return to dji ... I'd like to avoid that and use my 30 days wisely.

Thanks -- was not that concerned until digesting a lot of this site and others discussing issues and folks having to return their Mavic to dji. Upon getting I expected some of the first things i'd do would be to test out auto land and RTH feature. After reading a few threads where RTH had problem or when it got to landing spot it descended only to jet sideways into a tree got me thinking I want to vet the unit quickly. I'm a RC vet, having flowing giant scale planes and heli's in all sizes so I'm not concerned with the manual take off/landing but the auto-magic vid's I have seen of RTH make me want to try it!!!

Check your downward sensors. I had to return my first Mavic because of this. My Mavic would take off and climb, not stopping until I initiated a full stick down auto landing. I exchanged it and the new unit shows no such issue.
By they way, it took two weeks of intermittent use for this problem to manifest. Thankfully I was still within the 30 day return/exchange period.

Check your downward sensors. I had to return my first Mavic because of this. My Mavic would take off and climb, not stopping until I initiated a full stick down auto landing. I exchanged it and the new unit shows no such issue.
By they way, it took two weeks of intermittent use for this problem to manifest. Thankfully I was still within the 30 day return/exchange period.
Good to know --where did you buy your Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242