DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$33 Mavic "Clone" (LOL) Has Arrived

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
I saw this on TomTom for $32.99 shipped and couldn't resist. VISUO XS809HW Wifi FPV Foldable RC black 1 - Tomtop.com

20799345_1400404586742254_8249562988950194316_n.jpg

I just took it out for a quick spin. Would you believe the range is better than the Mavic???

Of course not, it's $32.99! But for something quiet and fun to buzz around the yard or inside the house --- it's a blast.
It's also a good way to practice your piloting skills without all the fancy GPS stuff to help you out.

I'll have some video later, but don't expect too much.

I've had mine for a week. The video is stunning!

Performance? well, don't tell anyone but I've flown mine about 17 km out and back ... with 20 kt headwinds in each direction!

Really worth the money!

Reactions: Savageinit
I got one of those, shipped from China, about 3 months ago. I apparently overpaid at a whopping 50 bucks.

It's a squirrelly handful, but pretty fun and a bargain for the price - you can actually record (crappy) video on your phone/tablet at 720p for about 7 minutes on a charge. Once I hacked it, an altitude of about 4.8 miles didn't even break a sweat.

A Mavic drives like the Queen Mary compared to these, but it's not bad.

And it does flips!

@PT_Mavic I don't think you overpaid.. You probably just got the "deluxe" (HA) version. I don't think mine has the phone / tablet connection but I've got a bunch going on today so I haven't really dug in.

Free shipping too if not in a rush.
You would think just sending an empty box from China would cost that much

Yeah the e-packet thing has been a boon for buying direct from China. You can really get a bargain on Ebay or sites like TomTop.com, BangGood.com, etc.

Just make sure you don't need it too quick and the company has good service in case you need to return a defective item. Believe it or not, a lot of stuff that comes from China is absolute crap. Surprising, I know, but true!

Reactions: Phlier
My son just got this very one so he could fly with me. It is a fun bird to play with at low levels. The thing is so light weight though. A slight breeze from up above can wreak havoc.

My son just got this very one so he could fly with me. It is a fun bird to play with at low levels. The thing is so light weight though. A slight breeze from up above can wreak havoc.

Yes I noticed that. The motor is woefully underpowered so going agaist a 4mph headwind is quite a feat. :) But I like this little faux-Mavic very much.

We should call it the "Mavic Faux"!
The linked writeup says it has no gimbal, so you probably set the camera down-angle on the ground like many other inexpensive drones.

But at least they believe in full disclosure: says right on it "Zero Tech". So maybe it's steam-powered.

I just bought the "Fly More" combo for $52. It should be a great beginner drone for my son (9), which hopefully means he will stop asking to fly the Mavic!

Reactions: BluesDragon
NewI saw this on TomTom for $32.99 shipped and couldn't resist. VISUO XS809HW Wifi FPV Foldable RC black 1 - Tomtop.com

20799345_1400404586742254_8249562988950194316_n.jpg

I just took it out for a quick spin. Would you believe the range is better than the Mavic???

Of course not, it's $32.99! But for something quiet and fun to buzz around the yard or inside the house --- it's ablast.
It's also a good way to practice your piloting skills without all the fancy GPS stuff to help you out.

I'll have some video later, but don't expect too much.

__--------------------------------_--------------------------------_

Thx for the info. I ordered one..like my wife wasn't concerned enough that I spent $2000 CDN Pesos on the Mavic Pro bundle I ordered....now this Lol!

Should be fun to use as a trainer for sure.

D

Entering "XS809" into YouTube Search will reveal quite a few videos if anybody's interesting in seeing other people fly it.

Note that some versions, like mine, do not include a slot for an SD card; you can only record (crummy) video on your tablet or phone via WiFi. And the mount is fairly small, it won't hold my 4.5" wide Nexus 7, for instance.

But for what it is, it's a great value, fairly robust and pretty fun. And it does great flips, so neener-neener, Mavic!

Last edited:
Wait I don't know which replies are satire and which are real.

For people who seriously have this, does it have GPS stabilizing, in the sense that if you put it up it will just hover like the Mavic or is it more of a ATTI manual type of drone?

It's all attitude! No GPS. You really need to be on top of the controls.. take it to a field first. :)

Once you get the hang of it, it's a blast. I am really liking these little drones. Have a Parrot Mambo on order for indoor flying. :)

Reactions: Rnl
For people who seriously have this, does it have GPS stabilizing, in the sense that if you put it up it will just hover like the Mavic or is it more of a ATTI manual type of drone?
If Apple won't put GPS into their overpriced WiFi iPads, you certainly can't expect it in a $40 drone. No satire here.

The only way get it to hover by itself would be to turn it off and hang it from the ceiling with a string.

Reactions: Egorg
Nothing beats a $30 Kaideng flying egg for the fun factor, especially when flying in the dark with its funny sound and lights. Chicks dig egg pilots!
Hoo-hoo! Gotta get one of those. 30 bucks, heh-heh.

Reactions: Rnl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos