DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

34 year atc veteran... 4 months wanna be drone pilot

Atcdog

Reactions
I am a recent convert for life to flying drones until the day I die!! Retired 3 years after 34 years of navy and faa ATC... just trying to absorb as much information as I can from the obviously professional and very knowledgeable drone pilots from around the world... I had the pleasure of serving with incredible people from many different backgrounds and countries and cultures, I am honored to be amongst you fellow aviation brothers and sisters

Where were you stationed for navair?

Welcome to the forum. What drone are you flying or are you still in the decision process? A lot of very knowledgeable folks here but we could also benefit from your knowledge of airspace and regulations.

welcome to the forum

Welcome to the form and let us know what drone you have or are considering buying. I’m thinking of getting a mini but I’m spending a lot of time here to be able to go into it with as much knowledge as possible. YouTube videos are helpful but you’ll learn what can wrong here - especially strong winds.

Welcome to the forum. Valuable information here to aid in your learnings. Wish you well in your new adventure.

Welcome to the forum, and more importantly, I thank you for your service.

It will be interesting to read an AT Controller’s take on the latest rules and regs; but I’m guessing you can also expound on some manned aircraft vs drone encounters, too.

Welcome to this forum! Gotta say, it is the very best forum or internet group of any kind that I have ever be affiliated with. There are many very generous and knowledgable folks here. Pretty amazing how they are so willing to help others.

So, I'm guessing a 34 year ATC veteran knows how to handle stress! That will be really helpful when your drone gets into trouble! Pause, Breath, Assess and Carry On!

Why I fly: as a nature/landscape photographer my inspiration is having a 400’ tripod that fits in a backpack.

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to this forum! Gotta say, it is the very best forum or internet group of any kind that I have ever be affiliated with. There are many very generous and knowledgable folks here. Pretty amazing how they are so willing to help others.

So, I'm guessing a 34 year ATC veteran knows how to handle stress! That will be really helpful when your drone gets into trouble! Pause, Breath, Assess and Carry On!
Yeah but the stress of flying a drone is pretty intense! I bought a Mavic Mini before Christmas but rainy and windy weather has kept me from flying it yet!

Reactions: Gindra
Welcome to the forum, and more importantly, I thank you for your service.

It will be interesting to read an AT Controller’s take on the latest rules and regs; but I’m guessing you can also expound on some manned aircraft vs drone encounters, too.
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and for acknowledging my service, I consider it an honor to have served you and my country... I have seen extraordinary things during my career and would love to share whatever ATC knowledge I have acquired over the years regarding pilot/ ATC procedures and rules

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54