DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360° Panorama high res

Hi,

I made a high res 360 panorama. How and/or where can I upload it to get this nice presentation?

Best Regards
Jim
I once looked into this and Googled this term... "360 degree virtual tour software". It is used mostly for real estate. It turns out that the camera required for this and the software are just too much money and learning for my amateur usage.

Reactions: MrJim
This is a good video on how & where to upload - from Hummingbird.UAV

Thanks, I´ll try that. Is the exiftool information only to get it right in google earth? Or does it make any difference if I upload it to skypixel?

/Jim

Thanks, I´ll try that. Is the exiftool information only to get it right in google earth? Or does it make any difference if I upload it to skypixel?

/Jim
I think so - I never tried to upload it to google.
I just put it on Skypixel - it's pretty much free. Here is the 2nd one I tried (a retirement home my Mom live in).

You can put huge files on Kuula.co in only seconds, but they charge about $12 a month to host your stuff.

I once looked into this and Googled this term... "360 degree virtual tour software". It is used mostly for real estate. It turns out that the camera required for this and the software are just too much money and learning for my amateur usage.
I thought you were supposed to use your Mavic Pro 1 or 2 for the camera and the free sites to set it up and host the pictures?

Reactions: razoraerial
I thought you were supposed to use your Mavic Pro 1 or 2 for the camera and the free sites to set it up and host the pictures?
I really don't know how it works but I would imagine taking successive shots with 30% overlap, in a 360 circle, and then uploading all of these images into the site. Maybe I'll try it. When I do a panorama (180 degrees) , I don't use the panorama mode on the drone. I just take three shots with 30% overlap and then open them in Photoshop Camera RAW and select all three (CTRL+A), and right click, and press "Merge to panorama." Photoshop does the work. Not sure this would work for 360 degrees.

I really don't know how it works but I would imagine taking successive shots with 30% overlap, in a 360 circle, and then uploading all of these images into the site. Maybe I'll try it. When I do a panorama (180 degrees) , I don't use the panorama mode on the drone. I just take three shots with 30% overlap and then open them in Photoshop Camera RAW and select all three (CTRL+A), and right click, and press "Merge to panorama." Photoshop does the work. Not sure this would work for 360 degrees.
No, it's really easy to just let the drone do it. You just put your Mavic Pro 1 (in my case) up there where you want it and punch the right buttons and it takes 34 pictures all by itself! It rotates itself around like a good little drone on Starwars.
Here is a short tour - but there are lots of them on the web:
Then you go to the "Image Composite Editor" a free program, to stitch all of the pictures together. I think the drone can do it own it's own, but the free program is a lot easier.
Then to Skypixel.

FUN WITH YOUR FRIENDS (That know you have a Drone)

Hey Mike
I lost one of my little Drones this afternoon.
Last time I saw it, it was headed toward your house?
Video:
Lost Drone
It keeps sending me these videos and it looks like it"s stuck about 100ft above your front yard?
If you could just click & drag the picture around to figure out where it is
or your cell phone - and just move the cell phone around.

Isn’t that your house in the video??
Anyway - when you get back home, maybe you can go out and see if you can find it up there?
It’s just got enough battery to last a few more hours.
So if it don’t come home pretty soon - We might have to shoot it down.

• Haha
Hi again,

It´s good to see workflows and things that can make this easier. Thanks, I wanted to know more about how it´s presented when I share it. I already made a 360 panorama and uploaded it to Facebook, and tested roundme.com and now also skypixel. Skypixel is close to what I want, but I want it to open i full screen direct. Also they have a limit to 10000 pixels. I would prefer to upload higher resolution.

Here is quick 360 example I made.

The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

It´s not presented as nice as this example.

I now learned from that guy it´s some metadata, created by sw (or manually?) like Pano2VR or Autopano. Then it can be uploaded to any website. I will read more about this and test when I have time.

If I could share a link from skypixel where it opens in full screen it would be a fast way to get what I like.

Best Regards
Jim

Jim, that one on roundme dot com never gets a level horizon. The 2nd one is much nicer.

I want to try this too (waiting for good weather to go out and shoot an set to use for testing), but my thoughts are leaning towards google, what with them being much less proprietary than the rest. Have you tried them as a host to post from?

Chris

They are actually quite a good outfit, here’s an example of what I made that they are hosting at no cost:

I enrolled into this site, applied for membership and joined, and downloaded my very first 360 pano ever. It came out great on their site. But now I cannot figure out how to e-mail it! How do I e-mail 360Pano from the page with my image?

I enrolled into this site, applied for membership and joined, and downloaded my very first 360 pano ever. It came out great on their site. But now I cannot figure out how to e-mail it! How do I e-mail 360Pano from the page with my image?
SUCCESS!!! I've trying to do this all day today- here is the link to my first drone 360 panorama, It is an active link which allows you to hold left click and move 360 degrees and to use scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Here is the link

SUCCESS!!! I've trying to do this all day today- here is the link to my first drone 360 panorama, It is an active link which allows you to hold left click and move 360 degrees and to use scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Here is the link

Nice! Sorry didn’t get back to you earlier but it looks like you figured it out. You can send the link which is actually a good way to do it, and if you have a website also imbed the link into at as it won’t use your bandwidth allocation for your web server, people will actually be using theirs when they view it. This is a good way to do it on a inexpensive Web server where you’re getting free service, if you’re setting up a professional website, you may want to handle it through your own as there will be less outside ads.

Jim, that one on roundme dot com never gets a level horizon. The 2nd one is much nicer.

I want to try this too (waiting for good weather to go out and shoot an set to use for testing), but my thoughts are leaning towards google, what with them being much less proprietary than the rest. Have you tried them as a host to post from?

Chris

I tried Google Photos, and think it works quite good. But I still like the way in the example (Mavic2pro-test01) better.

BR
/Jim

Hi,

I made a high res 360 panorama. How and/or where can I upload it to get this nice presentation?

Best Regards
Jim
Search “google street view” or ”street view” on the App Store.. that app has a place where you can upload your “own” 360 Pano’s and then you can view it through the app from any smart phone/tablet or other computer in the world. It’s pretty cool and it’s free. I use it quite a bit for the 360 shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone