DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360-degree view of the interior of a church

Deep Blue C

Reactions
How do I make a 360-degree view of the interior of a church with M2P?
I don't want to make a "tiny planet". I want a picture that people can scroll around and see the entire interior.

Check Page 63 of the M2P User Manual.

You'll need to host the image on a website that has a spherical "viewer" (Facebook does, but it sucks) or the viewer will need an app to pan around the image.

How do I make a 360-degree view of the interior of a church with M2P?
I don't want to make a "tiny planet". I want a picture that people can scroll around and see the entire interior.
As mentioned by @iaincaradoc above, please refer to the manual as there is good information in there.

My concern here is that you will be inside a building and as such you will most likely not have GPS coverage. If the drone is in ATTI mode, then it won't have the ability to hold its position accurately as it builds the pano shot. I have never tried a pano shot without GPS so I don't really know if it will even work. Also note that either way, you will always have a "dead spot" at top dead center since the gimbal cannot point the camera straight up.

If pano mode does not work then you may need to carefully take all of the necessary shots and stitch them together in post.

Interesting experiment though. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Deep Blue C
My concern here is that you will be inside a building and as such you will most likely not have GPS coverage. If the drone is in ATTI mode, then it won't have the ability to hold its position accurately as it builds the pano shot. I have never tried a pano shot without GPS so I don't really know if it will even work.

I've done indoor GPSless panos with an MA2. They'll hover just fine if there's sufficient lighting for the bottom sensors to maintain visual. Can't speak directly to an M2P, but I would expect it to be just as capable.

I posted this for someone the other day, hope it helps.

1 Take a 360 sphere panorama in Go4
2 Stitch together with DJI Media Maker.
3 Upload to Kuula Pics
4 Post link on forum.
Had to reduce the size of the file to host on Kuula Pics

Seems like this might be better suited to another piece of equipment rather than a UAS. We do this fairly often using our 360 camera and Matterport.

I would consider the Insta360 or Insta360R or Gopro Max. All can do what you need with a lot less work and all will take the 360 image seamlessly. The only consideration is to use a monopod and have the camera directly aligned to to the top of the monopod to remove the view of the monopod itself. If the camera is tilted at all, then you will see part of the monopod and it will be hard to remove in post.

Paul C

I would consider the Insta360 or Insta360R or Gopro Max. All can do what you need with a lot less work and all will take the 360 image seamlessly. The only consideration is to use a monopod and have the camera directly aligned to to the top of the monopod to remove the view of the monopod itself. If the camera is tilted at all, then you will see part of the monopod and it will be hard to remove in post.

Paul C

Very well said. That's exactly how we do it and LOVE the Insta360 and the MonoPod. It's amazing how the software automatically removes(blurs) the monopod.

I posted this for someone the other day, hope it helps.

1 Take a 360 sphere panorama in Go4
2 Stitch together with DJI Media Maker.
3 Upload to Kuula Pics
4 Post link on forum.
Had to reduce the size of the file to host on Kuula Pics

Hi Cyborg

Just wondering why u are doing step 2, the drone already has a stitched pano jpg file in the directory above

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580