DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Pano Editing Software

kaankorkmaz

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Since the last update which added the vertical, horizontal and 360 panoramic picture capabilities I've been playing around with it and I have to say I'm a HUGE fan of the 360 pictures. Although it was windy and the drone wasn't perfectly steady, I was able to capture this inception-like photo below.

The DJI app on my phone allows me to easily play around with the angles and I was wondering if you could suggest an app I can use on my laptop. Thanks in advance.

KK

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-12-04 at 08.48.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-04 at 08.48.10.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 112
Another way to create 360 panoramas is to just shoot a video and process it with Microsoft ICE. You don't need the latest Go4 app or firmware to do this. The process is as follows:
Get the Mavic airborne. Point the camera at an area that has good exposure from the sun. Adjust and lock the exposure in manual mode. You want fast shutter speeds so don't use ND filters.
Rise to the height that you want to shoot from. Tilt the camera up as far as possible without getting a shadow at the top. ( You can change a setting to let the camera go 30 degrees above horizontal.)
Start recording and rotate the Mavic through a full circle.
Tilt the camera down until about 1/3 of the previous frame is still visible and yaw 360 again.
Repeat until you have the camera looking straight down. Stop the video.
Open ICE and choose panorama from video. Choose you video file. Use the sliders to set the start and end point and eliminate excess video for faster processing.
Start the stitching. ICE will choose what frames of the video to use and stitch them together.
Go to the crop step and choose autocomplete. Export the image to disc.
You can use Photoshop or other image editing program to resize the canvas and fill in the sky. For Facebook you will want the size to be 10,000 x 5,000 pixels. So that programs will recognise this as a 360 pano, you need to change the file properties as follows.
Right click on the file and choose properties. Open the details tab and scroll down to camera maker. Set this to Ricoh. Set the camera model to Ricoh Theta S.
This may seem like a lot of work but once yuo get the hang of it, it goes very fast. Here is a sample pano from video:
Lake Pano from video

Another way to create 360 panoramas is to just shoot a video and process it with Microsoft ICE. You don't need the latest Go4 app or firmware to do this. The process is as follows:
Get the Mavic airborne. Point the camera at an area that has good exposure from the sun. Adjust and lock the exposure in manual mode. You want fast shutter speeds so don't use ND filters.
Rise to the height that you want to shoot from. Tilt the camera up as far as possible without getting a shadow at the top. ( You can change a setting to let the camera go 30 degrees above horizontal.)
Start recording and rotate the Mavic through a full circle.
Tilt the camera down until about 1/3 of the previous frame is still visible and yaw 360 again.
Repeat until you have the camera looking straight down. Stop the video.
Open ICE and choose panorama from video. Choose you video file. Use the sliders to set the start and end point and eliminate excess video for faster processing.
Start the stitching. ICE will choose what frames of the video to use and stitch them together.
Go to the crop step and choose autocomplete. Export the image to disc.
You can use Photoshop or other image editing program to resize the canvas and fill in the sky. For Facebook you will want the size to be 10,000 x 5,000 pixels. So that programs will recognise this as a 360 pano, you need to change the file properties as follows.
Right click on the file and choose properties. Open the details tab and scroll down to camera maker. Set this to Ricoh. Set the camera model to Ricoh Theta S.
This may seem like a lot of work but once yuo get the hang of it, it goes very fast. Here is a sample pano from video:
Lake Pano from video
Just d.l. it myself and fiddling around.Got a cracked copy of autopano giga.After you run ice,are you using fastone viewer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy