DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printed Mavic Controller Phone Adaptor

tcope

Reactions
Just printed up a few of these controller adaptors. DJI should really redesign their controllers the same way. I use a Note 9 and while it fits, I need to remove the case as it makes the phone too thick. Also, the controller covers up the USB port. This printed bracket keeps the phone right next to the controller so the controller does not become top heavy. I highly recommend this print if you have a 3D printer and a larger phone.

DJI Spark / Mavic Pro / Mavic Air. Mobile holder / mobile mount by YohannG

I almost immediately sent the link to a friend of mine who has a 3D printer and he is already printing.
I've tried a few and I like this one the best. Let you friend know that the small clamp needs to be printed with supports.

I've tried a few and I like this one the best. Let you friend know that the small clamp needs to be printed with supports.
Thank you for the tip! I think his software automatically inserts supports, where needed... and he is also quite experienced. I'm really looking forward to try it. I "ordered" the screw in red and the rest in black ;-)

I've been looking for a tablet adapter like that for my M2 remote.
The ones similarly placed block the RC display, or put the tablet ridiculously high.
The ones that mount the tablet by the antennas make the RC awkward and probably block signal.

So, for those of us not owning or having access to a 3D printer, anyone volunteering to produce and sell these?

So, for those of us not owning or having access to a 3D printer, anyone volunteering to produce and sell these?
Just use an online 3D printing service. Upload the .STL file, choose the material, pay and have it sent direct to you.

Try this one:

Wow this is amazing and very much needed as I have a Note 8 with a thick case and it makes it hard to insert and hard to hold. What are the steps that I need to do to get this? I dont own a 3D printer so what do I do?

What are the steps that I need to do to get this?
Follow the link in post #1 and download the files (.STL) to your PC/Mac.
Follow the link in post #7 and upload the file(s) to the site. Follow the instructions, make a payment and wait a few days/weeks for the finished 3D item(s) is/are shipped to your home.

A friend of mine printed the STL for me yesterday. I‘m really impressed by the model, the look and feel and also convenience of the finished product:

E32601B5-C84D-46F7-BD40-A5428551CCA9.jpeg
CC4CFFFF-E556-4924-A5C9-3393273090C6.jpeg
8C94B26A-28DB-41F5-AA8F-64AA8B5A725A.jpeg
A0F7F664-8291-4EC3-B188-512AEBCAADD7.jpeg
38C04D82-1B36-496F-8952-67D717E36ECB.jpeg

I asked my friend to print the screw (there are two lengths in the STL) red... I thought just for seeing it better in low light situations.

I think, it’s a really good accessory that fits all of my Mavic Controllers.

Last edited:
A friend of mine printed the STL for me yesterday. I‘m really impressed by the model, the look and feel and also convenience of the finished product

I understand that DJI was going for a compact controller but their design is just not very good. IMHO, they should devote their time to improving it rather then putting out some of their other products. While this adaptor adds a little volume to the controller, it makes using a larger phone or a phone with a case (everyone?) so much easier. It also is great for phones with the USB plug on the bottom (all phones?) as you no longer have the controller arm in the way. It is also _rock solid_. There is no movement of the phone and it does not throw the weight of the controller off or block the screen of the Pro.

I unscrew the adaptor just enough to _slide_ the phone out as opposed to unscrewing it further to pull the phone up and off. That way you just need a quick turn of the screw. It is also nice that the screw does not need to be removed (and lost).

I unscrew the adaptor just enough to _slide_ the phone out as opposed to unscrewing it further to pull the phone up and off. That way you just need a quick turn of the screw. It is also nice that the screw does not need to be removed (and lost).
Yes, I do it the same way! Thumbswayup

I also thought about modeling a similar thing for my iPad mini (and other small tablets) but I think it all would become to bulky and impractical.

Will these be available to buy ?
Actually, the friend who printed my version (and improved the screw and bottom part a bit) said to me that he could produce more if needed by a member from this forum. But of course he doesn’t want to mass-produce :)

Just write me a private message, if you should be interested.

Reactions: Antaire
Just FYI, I uploaded a remix of this model to Thingiverse just yesterday. I modified it to locate better in my Mavic Mini controller, and improved the thumbscrews for better grip. I also tweaked the top phone clamp to fit better on my phone case. The thumbscrews have exactly the same thread as the originals, so the improved ones can be swapped straight into the original bracket if needed.

Mavic Mini Phone Holder

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123