Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printers - - Can you make these?

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
3D printers, can you make these?
If so, please PM me with particulars.

SD card tool seems a bit overkill when you can get a simple a one and a half inch long tweezer from the lady’s department at Walgreens. Works very well, easy to use and doesn’t take up a lot of space.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Reactions: Thomas B

Printing the lens holder now. Will let you know how it turns out.

Are you able to do the other stuff as well?
Yes, I do have some other items in my store here.

I don't print just anything off of Thingiverse if that's what you had in mind. Those models often need tweeked to print properly on different printers. It can take a lot of test prints to get a model to print correctly.

Reactions: Bobvt
Actually, I started to look over the entry. It looks like the magnets need to be inserted in the middle of the print. I don't really have the time to get the magnets, code the print and then print it up. Sorry.

I truthfully have no idea what is involved with 3D printing. TBH, I thought all the items are done to same dimensions from one to the other. Again, I have no learning experience on 3D printing.

I always manage to get the little thing out, but looking at your device I was thinking, why not just go to the drug store and buy a small pair of eyebrow tweezing tweezers?

I would be very careful using any additional magnets on any drone. Compass problems are a big cause of confused flight control systems and crashes. Whether or not you can correctly calibrate the drone with an additional magnet attached is unknown, at least to me.

Reactions: Mavic Air Head
I would be very careful using any additional magnets on any drone. Compass problems are a big cause of confused flight control systems and crashes. Whether or not you can correctly calibrate the drone with an additional magnet attached is unknown, at least to me.
Not sure why magnets are mentioned. The SD card is not magnetic. A small eyebrow tweezers might grasp the little card better than big stubby fingers could.

I use a small spring loaded paper clip to remove the sd card, you know the kind, black main body of spring steel with 2 chrome bails that fold. When I'm fumbling around I can set the clip down with the card in it which makes it harder to lose the sd card in the grass.

Reactions: buckrider and Bobvt
I use a small spring loaded paper clip to remove the sd card, you know the kind, black main body of spring steel with 2 chrome bails that fold. When I'm fumbling around I can set the clip down with the card in it which makes it harder to lose the sd card in the grass.
Yes, but first you have to pop the card out a bit and enough for the spring loaded paper clip to get a purchase or edge to grab of the SD card. I usually don't remove my card in the field, waiting until I get back home, since I have never managed to fill up a card, even with multiple shoots, using a 64GB card. I remove the card over my desk where if it falls, I can see it.

Yes, but first you have to pop the card out a bit and enough for the spring loaded paper clip to get a purchase or edge to grab of the SD card. I usually don't remove my card in the field, waiting until I get back home, since I have never managed to fill up a card, even with multiple shoots, using a 64GB card. I remove the card over my desk where if it falls, I can see it.
Good plan for sure. I travel for work, gone from home for 30 days, home for 15, so when I fly, I fly a long time and use a lot of batteries. I primarily fly desert canyons where I've located pictoglyphs, petroglyphs and other archeological features that I want to document. Some of these things require a 2 to 3 hour hike to get to whereas I can fly from the canyon rim to the feature and back on a single battery.
I shoot video from take off to landing and generally fill 2-3 128 GB cards per outing, or more if I'm using the handful of 32 and 64 GB cards I bought early on. I've found I can use one of the bails to pop the card out enough to acquire it. There are a lot of good solutions, this particular set up has saved me a lot of grief in the field since I typically put the fresh card directly from a case into the AC, then stow the loaded card in the same case. Innovation is critical when you are born with 10 thumbs.

It's not for the faint of heart. Making great prints is something many peo
I never had a problem just using my hand. Push in to eject and then pull out. Not sure why you would need or use tweezers?
Flying a Mavic Air? That card is the hardest to remove (for me).

Reactions: theDRONEranger
I am hesitant to use metal in that area. Sometimes my fingers get the shakes and I must pause until its over. I really would prefer non-conducive plastic for that operation.

I am hesitant to use metal in that area. Sometimes my fingers get the shakes and I must pause until its over. I really would prefer non-conducive plastic for that operation.
I can certainly understand your concerns, I've never come close to the contact strips using the paperclip, no issues with data after about 150 removals, where they face up relative to the AC you can always see them. I even use it to put the card in the slot then push it in with a finger when my hands are shaking (either too much coffee or not enough- haven't figured the shake out except in the cold.)

That's a recipe for disaster, if your drone ever goes down and is unrecoverable. Best to change cards whenever you swap batteries. That way you will never lose more than one flight's recordings. Carry a thin white cloth to put beneath the drone for the microSD card removals.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143