DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3DR vs DroneDeploy

LeeB

Reactions
Any advice/suggestions on which to use? At the moment I'm interested in 2D, 3D and 360, but this will expand in the future.
Does anyone have real life cost comparisons?
Thanks in advance.

Just noticed my typo in the title of this thread. It should be 3DR, not eDR. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Has anyone used mapping tools other than the 2 I listed?
Depends on your (or your clients) needs/expectations.
I am using GSPro or Pix4Dmapper as my main flight control apps.

Are you using any geospatial software for use of data such as ArcGIS, which now has a better offering of Drone2Map than before, it similar to the Pix4D intuitive use

Thanks. I just corrected it.
Has anyone used mapping tools other than the 2 I listed? Shouldn't restrict the discussion.

Pay only as you go and per map size, cloud-based processing.

Thanks for this. I'll definitely check it out. I like the pay as you go approach.

This looks good for hobbyists, especially for small projects. The website says all projects that use less than 250 points (about 100 acres) are free. I need to check out their MapPilot app.

Or maybe not. I just installed the free app and played around a little and there is a charge even for just saving a mission plan to the iPad. LOL. Talk about nickle and diming. I wouldn't mind paying for a finished map product but I am not going to even get there if I have to pay someone to save a file.

This looks good for hobbyists, especially for small projects. The website says all projects that use less than 250 points (about 100 acres) are free. I need to check out their MapPilot app.

Or maybe not. I just installed the free app and played around a little and there is a charge even for just saving a mission plan to the iPad. LOL. Talk about nickle and diming. I wouldn't mind paying for a finished map product but I am not going to even get there if I have to pay someone to save a file.

Either they changed it since I tried it out, or you set it up differently than I did. I uploaded my own photos online I flew using Litchi and it was a small enough area that they didnt charge me for the map.

Reactions: raylo32
I was in their MapPilot Lite app. They wanted to charge me just to save the test mission I created to the iPad. It was only $1.99 but, seriously? I don't have Litchi yet. I am still just getting past finding out that Go4 app can't create missions offline.

Either they changed it since I tried it out, or you set it up differently than I did. I uploaded my own photos online I flew using Litchi and it was a small enough area that they didnt charge me for the map.

Last edited:
I was in their MapPilot app. They wanted to charge me just to save the test mission I created to the iPad. It was only $1.99 but, seriously? I don't have Litchi yet. I am still just getting past finding out that Go4 app can't create missions offline.

Its easy enough to fly manually for small maps, or use the waypoint app on Go4. I saw a trick where you start your drone as usual to set waypoints, but simply turn off the drone after waypoints starts so you can set up a mission without the drone on the whole time.

I figured that out and posted that trick here yesterday or the day before. But it really doesn't work. The waypoint altitudes snap to 20 meters and will not go above that. But they can be adjusted lower. Very odd app behavior and limitations. There may be other waypoint settings that also fail when not connected to the aircraft but I just stopped working it at that point since 20 meters is just too low.

Its easy enough to fly manually for small maps, or use the waypoint app on Go4. I saw a trick where you start your drone as usual to set waypoints, but simply turn off the drone after waypoints starts so you can set up a mission without the drone on the whole time.

I figured that out and posted that trick here yesterday or the day before. But it really doesn't work. The waypoint altitudes snap to 20 meters and will not go above that. But they can be adjusted lower. Very odd app behavior and limitations. There may be other waypoint settings that also fail when not connected to the aircraft but I just stopped working it at that point since 20 meters is just too low.

Oh there’s my short memory span going again, what were we talking about? :)

I haven’t tried doing it yet so hadn’t seen it do that, thanks for the warning. Litchi is really cool and is worth it. I’ll just keep using that, I really love the virtual litchi mission app posted here as well, it is a godsend for planning.

Reactions: raylo32
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom