DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3G GPS Trackers?

Peregrine

Reactions
Thinking of buying a tracker, but looking at the Trackimo, it comes up as 2G, which makes me a little nervous. Are there any trackers out there that are 3G and would be suitable? Also, from what I can gather, the trackers need to have access to the network in order to transmit data. So, if my Mavic were to go down in the middle of nowhere, would the device be rendered useless?

looking at the Trackimo, it comes up as 2G, which makes me a little nervous
You can buy the 3G version of the Trackimo here.

the trackers need to have access to the network in order to transmit data. So, if my Mavic were to go down in the middle of nowhere, would the device be rendered useless?
Get the Marco Polo tracker instead. It uses a radio signal to track the Mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
Wow! Thanks, I didn't realise there was a 3G version of the Trackimo. A hell of a difference in price from the 2G version though. The Marco Polo is out of the question I think, as I am UK based. Much appreciated :)

It's buying one is the problem. Looking at the manufacture's site, it seems to be US only. Can't find a UK stockist.

Nice one. Thanks for that. I'll have a little read up on it first, and then make a decision. Ideally, I'd like to be able to buy one with an extra tag, and then split the cost with my sister, who has also just purchased a Mavic.

Just had a peep on US eBay, and found the 2-tag option. Now to put it to my sister ;)

Just been put off by the import charges..... $81+$16 shipping. That really cranks up the price. I'll have to try scouring eBay for a few weeks and see if one comes up 2nd hand

Trackimo is the way forward. I have it mounted on the rear with one of these.
1d1cdf15c10733d58fccfa8a000dd93a.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3