DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3No.ESC error message

JB10940

Reactions
I'm a noob to drones (tho I have flown a quad force video drone for some time). So today while using active track my M2P hit a low hanging wire and fell to the grass. She dropped from about 10-15 feet in the air. I cleaned her up and checked for any visible damage to gimbal, arms, camera, props, etc. After not finding any outer damage I tried to take flight again and the message 3NO.EC error appeared on my screen. After doing some research I found out that the error means there is a problem with my rear left motor most likely caused from the impact. I started a care refresh claim online right away. While I understand that accidents happen I am really bummed out. I am curious as to how long I should expect to be without my M2P once I ship her out. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

I encountered a similar crash, except all i got were scratches and two broken props.
However today I backed into my Mavic so it is going out to be repaired.

If the repair cost for your situation is low enough, you might just want to pay for the repair and keep your refresh for another day. That's likely what I'll be doing, though in my case the damage from backing into the Fliymore case containing my bird only caused structural damage. The only electrical damage is one antenna on my remote but to me that's incidental to the structural damage and repair.

Unless you ask for express service, bypassing the evaluation, they will give you a repair cost. You can then opt for the repair or the replacement. It does take time for the evaluation and repair though. That could take a week or so and that's besides the shipping time to them and back. At least they pay for it both ways when you have Care Refresh. I asked them to send me a set of props, charge me for it so I'll save on shipping.

Reactions: JB10940
Unless you ask for express service, bypassing the evaluation, they will give you a repair cost. You can then opt for the repair or the replacement. It does take time for the evaluation and repair though. That could take a week or so and that's besides the shipping time to them and back. At least they pay for it both ways when you have Care Refresh. I asked them to send me a set of props, charge me for it so I'll save on shipping.
So after reading your post I looked into express service. Being that the accident was my own fault and the motor was damaged, and the lens had a scratch I opted for express. I'll hopefully receive my replacement within a week and a half. Thanks for the input !

Lens cover (UV filter) is an inexpensive item. Depending on the full damage, repair cost could be less than refresh fee. I'm opting to get the repair quote for mine. I tested mine and it was Electrically sound, only structural damage. Motors fired up (but arm is broke so can't fly), got GPS lock even indoors, no compass error, gimbal/camera clean and it worked.
So, even if it is more than replacement, I'll probably go with repair.
If you have at least one refresh left, you can renew the program for another year and get one more refresh.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll