DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd flight with my MA 2, sunset

Sunset over my place last night (6/1).

Mavic air 2, AEB, lightroom post

Be gentle, still a rookie with photography and post processing. ?

Cheers!
Looks great!

Have you thought about shooting your own panorama? It's super easy to stitch and edit in Lightroom if you already use that.

You can even shoot AEB of any scene you want, however wide or tall you want it (I just shot a vertical pano). Then Lightroom will automatically stitch all of it together to make an HDR PANO.

I'm here for any questions

Reactions: Booz
Looks great!

Have you thought about shooting your own panorama? It's super easy to stitch and edit in Lightroom if you already use that.

You can even shoot AEB of any scene you want, however wide or tall you want it (I just shot a vertical pano). Then Lightroom will automatically stitch all of it together to make an HDR PANO.

I'm here for any questions

Hey thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

I have recently been reading a little about shooting 'manual' panos, but havent dug in very much on it. So I dont know how to set up the shot sequence or anything yet.

Any tips on how to get started on shooting my own instead of using the fly app to shoot the pano for me?

Reactions: itsneedtokno

I have recently been reading a little about shooting 'manual' panos, but havent dug in very much on it. So I dont know how to set up the shot sequence or anything yet.

Any tips on how to get started on shooting my own instead of using the fly app to shoot the pano for me?

Absolutely, but give be a few, it's gonna be a hefty, thorough explanation.

Okay, so you are watching the sun get closer to the horizon, waiting to see if the colors are gonna be there to pop up for some pictures... At least I do lol. (If you are attempting to catch sunRISE, use SkyMap or similar to see if the Sun is near the horizon and where it will be rising from.) Now center the camera on whatever you want the center to be, take an AEB. Now here's the fun part, look at the left edge of your screen and pick something that stands out very well to you and move the drone left, slowly, until the thing you picked has moved NEAR, NOT TO the right edge of the screen. Do this as many times as you want to get as far to the left as you want to. THEN, starting from the middle again, choose something on the right edge of the screen, put it near the left edge and repeat until finished...

There are ways to get creative, I'm not gonna mention here, but learning the above will open a whole new world of possibilities.

After ALLLLL THAT, throw it in Lightroom CLASSIC (I have the new one too, but don't like it as much). Once all those picture are imported, select them all, right click, and select MERGE PHOTOS. Click HDR Panoroma...

...DONE!

Now edit to your heart's content!

Youtube: Cody Shoaf
Google Search "Indian River Lagoon Preserve NSB" (My photo is first featured with 251k views)
Google Search "Veteran's Memorial Park Edgewater" (Click NEWEST UPLOADS, I just uploaded one that is a 3 picture pano just to get a little extra height over the trees to catch Bethune Beach)

I am willing to go much deeper, but let's PM

View attachment 103562

Attachments

• DJI_0228-HDR-Pano-Edit.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Okay, so you are watching the sun get closer to the horizon, waiting to see if the colors are gonna be there to pop up for some pictures... At least I do lol. (If you are attempting to catch sunRISE, use SkyMap or similar to see if the Sun is near the horizon and where it will be rising from.) Now center the camera on whatever you want the center to be, take an AEB. Now here's the fun part, look at the left edge of your screen and pick something that stands out very well to you and move the drone left, slowly, until the thing you picked has moved NEAR, NOT TO the right edge of the screen. Do this as many times as you want to get as far to the left as you want to. THEN, starting from the middle again, choose something on the right edge of the screen, put it near the left edge and repeat until finished...

There are ways to get creative, I'm not gonna mention here, but learning the above will open a whole new world of possibilities.

After ALLLLL THAT, throw it in Lightroom CLASSIC (I have the new one too, but don't like it as much). Once all those picture are imported, select them all, right click, and select MERGE PHOTOS. Click HDR Panoroma...

...DONE!

Google Search "Indian River Lagoon Preserve NSB" (My photo is first featured with 251k views)
Google Search "Veteran's Memorial Park Edgewater" (Click NEWEST UPLOADS, I just uploaded one that is a 3 picture pano just to get a little extra height over the trees to catch Bethune Beach)

View attachment 103562

Wow thanks! I had a feeling the process was like what you've described. I appreciate the time you took to explain it!

Nice pics too at the referenced google searches!

Sunset over my place last night (6/1).

Mavic air 2, AEB, lightroom post

Be gentle, still a rookie with photography and post processing. ?

Cheers!
Looks great to me, but I can't even spell "kamerah" let alone take a good pic with one. ? ? ?

...DONE!

View attachment 103562

Alright, here is my first attempt at a manual pano.

This is crazy. I can tell the horizon isnt perfectly straight, and I havent gone down the photoshop rabbit hole enough to try and fix it it.

Regardless... coolest pic I have ever taken in my life! Cant thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction!06042020_ss1.jpg

• Love
Alright, here is my first attempt at a manual pano.

This is crazy. I can tell the horizon isnt perfectly straight, and I havent gone down the photoshop rabbit hole enough to try and fix it it.

Regardless... coolest pic I have ever taken in my life! Cant thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction!View attachment 103809

I just got one. Haven't put it together yet. Pics later

Love yours tho

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada