DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party apps?

scro

Reactions
Any recommendations for 3rd party apps for the mini 1? I'm not really interested in missions, more in POI tracking, object tracking and similar tools for assisting filming. I'm also interested in any extra photography features (panos, spheres, HDR etc). What would you recommend and why?

Maven has a few unique features. "Co-Pilot" and "Cable Cam" along with a VR mode to fly FPV with your phone in a cheap headset. I like the cable cam where you set the end points and fly "the along the cable" while manual adjusting height and camera orientation and your speed. You'll automatically slow at the end points and can reverse along the cable anytime.
There's a great "Geo-Fence" feature to set up boundaries and a min and max altitude.
It's been a few months since I flown here in the frozen North so I won't try and remember all the features and how they work so I suggest you check out Maven here.

Maven is iOS only. I would use Maven more often over Litchi but unfortunately it doesn't have a Pano and stitching Mode like Litchi does. I have asked Michele (@mavenpilot.com) several times if he is going to add a pano feature and he hasn't responded. He has added an easy spiral mode (v3.9) and just released a beta GPS tracking and altitude mode.

Reactions: YVRGUY and scro
Maven looks like it brings a few good features that I'm after. Thanks for the suggestion and summary! However, as you say, it's iOS only and my devices are android - should have said that in my 1st post.

I bought the Litchi application, recently, for use with my Mini 2, and Mavic Air 2, but due to the weather, and a few other complications, I've yet to be able to test it. What I HAVE seen, impresses me already, though. I'll update soon. Hopefully, tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada