DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party filters.

BikerBuster

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just recently bought a set of Neewer filters for the MP, however, the results were atrocious, plus the fact you have to remove them after each flight and replace them when the drone is powered up - really didn't like doing this.
I have read loads of threads on this but there is a general thread of opinion (see what I did there?).
So the question is.
I don't want to spend a lot of money on these things as I don't know how long I am going to stick with the MP. So, is there a set of third party filters that are fit and forget?

I have a list of commonly used Mavic filters here. The Mavic can be stored with any of those filters attached.

Reactions: BikerBuster
I have the Tacos and DJI, but tend to just use the DJI ones, the 16 pretty much lives on my camera permanently now.
Advantage is that the little holder they come with fits in the shoulder bag.

You don't have to remove filters when you store your drone. Most will pass the gimbal calibration as well. Earlier models did not but the ones for sale now should with no issues.

I use Taco-RC ND filters...absolutely mint.. gimble calibrates ok with it left on and they are a lot cheaper than some.. and the results are amazing
I got a three piece polar pro set, it's not their cinema line but they work. Passes gimbal calibration and I also use the polar pro gimbal lock/lens cover much easier than the factory gimbal lock and youdon't even have to take the filter off

You don't have to remove filters when you store your drone. Most will pass the gimbal calibration as well. Earlier models did not but the ones for sale now should with no issues.

I think these must have been older ones as the gimbal couldn't move fully with them on. These...

s-l1600.jpg

I just recently bought a set of Neewer filters for the MP, however, the results were atrocious, plus the fact you have to remove them after each flight and replace them when the drone is powered up - really didn't like doing this.

I bought the Neewer set of 3 ND filters from Amazon UK

No issues at all on calibration. I leave the ND 16 on all the time at the moment with this amazing spell of sunny weather!

I bought the Neewer set of 3 ND filters from Amazon UK

No issues at all on calibration. I leave the ND 16 on all the time at the moment with this amazing spell of sunny weather!

Are they the same as the ones pictured?

Yeah, mine don'y have the chamfered edge, plus in my instructions it says to switch the drone on before fitting the filter - didn't like that.

Has anyone used Y&C?
Hello ! Yes , I have received them by mistake , the announcement from eBay were for Taco filters . I have request a partial refund for that mistake.... The Y&C filters ( 16 and 32 ND ) are very light (in fact lightest on the market , < 1 g ) , are made by german glass and the gimbal could be calibrated without problems with them in place ... I havn't made a comparison yet for the quality of image , but to me it appears excelent . I am expecting another opinions too...

Hello ! Yes , I have received them by mistake , the announcement from eBay were for Taco filters . I have request a partial refund for that mistake.... The Y&C filters ( 16 and 32 ND ) are very light (in fact lightest on the market , < 1 g ) , are made by german glass and the gimbal could be calibrated without problems with them in place ... I havn't made a comparison yet for the quality of image , but to me it appears excelent . I am expecting another opinions too...

Ooh thanks for that, I may give them a shot

Any tips on taking them off easily? I went to take off a filter and pretty much destroyed my fingers trying to get it off. Polar Pro vivid collection, btw

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose