DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party insurance for Europe - any suggestions?

paul242

Reactions
I'm based in Ontario. I'll be taking my drone to Italy in the summer where it's a requirement to have insurance. Has anyone got/recommend an insurance company that covers out of Canada?

So, the BMFA will only accept residents of the UK. I've also contacted the AMA in the US, and they don't insure outside of US/Canada. Contacting the Canadian MAAC now.

this site said it's not necessary if it's not for professional work

I agree with you from that website. It depends what you read. But ENAC (Italian Aviation Authority) RPAS states as below. It doesn't determine any difference between commercial and recreational.

Art. 32

Insurance

1. No RPAS shall be operated unless it has in place a third party insurance, adequate for the operations and not less than the minimum insurance coverage of the table in Art. 7 of Regulation (CE) 785/2004 is in place for the operations.

And this website Drone rules and laws in Italy - current information and experiences says, "Compulsory insurance: For Italy, a drones liability insurance is necessary, which covers damages of at least 750.000 euro."

Thanks. I didn't think it would be so difficult to arrange insurance. The Canadian insurance companies that cover drones, only do so for commercial operators.

Drone Insurance Depot offers recreational insurance/hobby insurance, I did a quote and it was $200 annually for $100,000 coverage.

Drone Insurance Depot | Quote & Buy Online Now

Might be limited to Canada, but they mention for business coverage that its global coverage through Lloyd's of London

Reactions: paul242
I'll check them out. Thanks.
That's a no then.

Thanks for your email.
Our policies’ coverage territory is restricted to North America. We wouldn’t be able to provide coverage for any operations outside of North America unfortunately

Not yet, but I will now. I'm still waiting to hear from the MAAC as well.
Hi mate! Did you succeed in this case with the purchasing of insurance for your drone for Italy? I've faced with same problem and can't find anything suitable.

Hi

I am also in a similar situation.

I am an Indian citizen. Planning to travel to Austria in August & fly my Nano Category Drone, Mavic Mini 2 (< 250 Gms) for recreational purposes.

I want to buy Third Party Liability Insurance valid in EU. Please suggest the product & weblinks

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Saurabh Shukla

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair