DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party propellars

cheolk

Reactions
Has anybody tried using third party propellers?
I bought a pair [red color] but never flew it yet.
I weight it, it was 6.1 gm whereas DJI is 7.4 gm. This difference in weight puzzles me and scares me.

You know why I bought this red pair? Because the Mavic is grey in color and sometimes I lost sight of it because of the surrounding background colors. Twice, I couldn't see my Mavic and only after I raise the Mavic higher up. It was stressful and nearly panicky when your Mavic disappeared from your sight.

You won't see the props anyway when they spin up. Stick with the OEM props, as you fly more you'll gain more confidence even if you lose sight of the drone...

Reactions: Former Member
its like putting retread tires on the front of your car
never use anything but oem props.

Reactions: Former Member
Has anybody tried using third party propellers?
I bought a pair [red color] but never flew it yet.
I weight it, it was 6.1 gm whereas DJI is 7.4 gm. This difference in weight puzzles me and scares me.

You know why I bought this red pair? Because the Mavic is grey in color and sometimes I lost sight of it because of the surrounding background colors. Twice, I couldn't see my Mavic and only after I raise the Mavic higher up. It was stressful and nearly panicky when your Mavic disappeared from your sight.
Putting on a skin would probably help more than colored props. DecalGirl | Custom Cases + Removable Skins For Your Electronics!

Beware generic props. Not worth saving $2 and risk your Mavic crashing. I tried some generics 2 years ago on a Phantom, one flight and I sent them back. They spun right off at startup.

Manufacturers keep making them, so it seems people are really buying them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike