DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

40003 error

MonbelMavMini

Reactions
I have a mavic mini 2, hardly used, with latest firmware installed, took it of a flight this morning. All smooth no crashes. Then I got a 40003 error while flying. Now when I start it the gimbal calibrates, centres, then vibrates and heats the motor up. Then I get a 40003 error. Video here (hear the hum):
Would really appreciate some help as live in a rural area and dont want to send it off for repair. Many thanks in advance

Hi,
40003 means Motor Overload - turn your drone off, battery out and carefully inspect the gimbal. Is there anything there (like dirt, sand, etc). It's a common problem when sand gets inside. But maybe not this time. Anyway, if you have compressed air try to carefully blow some air.
PS. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Hi,
40003 means Motor Overload - turn your drone off, battery out and carefully inspect the gimbal. Is there anything there (like dirt, sand, etc). It's common problem when sand gets inside. But maybe not this time. Anyway, if you have compressed air try to carefully blow some air.
PS. Welcome to the forum.
Hey thanks for the advice and welcome. Cannot see anything and have ordered some compressed air to blast it. Will keep you updated.

Thanks for your help @tibzee, I did see that post but not directly relevant to the mini in this case, turns out on close inspection there was a hairline fracture on the gimble, a small pin and superglue fixed the fracture and the shake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851