DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4200mah 4s battery LiHV gives my Mavic2 Zoom 150% percent battery life. Easily breaking Autel's 40min claim.

cgmaxed

Reactions
So, I finally did it. I bought that little flat battery expansion plug for my Mavic2 Zoom. It's made by StartRC, I think. I used a lighter weight 4200mah LiHV graphene battery and connected to the drone after starting the drone up with it's own battery. I flew a route which I know only gives me like 5% battery to land when returning to my home point. But with this battery mod, I had 55% battery left!. I was amazed.

Just google StartRC. I was surprised that even my local Walmart sells them and I'm in Canada.

So, I finally did it. I bought that little flat battery expansion plug for my Mavic2 Zoom. It's made by StartRC, I think. I used a lighter weight 4200mah LiHV graphene battery and connected to the drone after starting the drone up with it's own battery. I flew a route which I know only gives me like 5% battery to land when returning to my home point. But with this battery mod, I had 55% battery left!. I was amazed.
What method do you use to attach the extra battery to the drone?.... I have been using double sided adhesive squares but it isn't very elegant.

What method do you use to attach the extra battery to the drone?.... I have been using double sided adhesive squares but it isn't very elegant.
I apply a piece of 10lb rated industrial velcro (from lowes or homedepot) to the OEM battery and to the Third party LIPO battery. Then just attach and remove at will. This particular velcro has the same surface. Meaning the surface of both attachment surfaces are the same. It's stronger than the velcro that uses one surface felt and one surface plastic. Its a hard plastic type of velcro. I use it for all kinds of stuff. I've never had a payload fall off a drone when using it.

I apply a piece of 10lb rated industrial velcro (from lowes or homedepot) to the OEM battery and to the Third party LIPO battery. Then just attach and remove at will. This particular velcro has the same surface. Meaning the surface of both attachment surfaces are the same. It's stronger than the velcro that uses one surface felt and one surface plastic. Its a hard plastic type of velcro. I use it for all kinds of stuff. I've never had a payload fall off a drone when using it.
I think you want to say 3M Dual Lock

Just google StartRC. I was surprised that even my local Walmart sells them and I'm in Canada.
In case you’re considering using one of these, here in Canada we have to submit a Safety Assurance Declaration to Transport Canada to receive approval for the modification. To be flying legally, that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyD913
Reactions: DBT
Do you know which adapter I would use for the Mavic pro?
Also which battery?
For the battery, you simply need a LIPO with the same number of cells that the drone's battery has. Don't get a battery with less than a 75C rating. You can get the highest Mah capacity you want, but keep it under 300gm for the Mavic 1 and Mavic 2 drones. The Mavic2 drone uses a 4S battery so it needs a 4S lipo. For my Mavic2, I 'm using a 4200Mah battery with a 120C rating. it weighs 249grams.

I think the MAVIC 1 series drones use a 3 cell or 3S battery. Someone say something if I'm wrong.

With an Air2S you need a 3S battery (the OEM batt is 3s) , weight should be less than 250 grams. 200 grams is better. I maxed the weight out on my Air2s with a 4200mah batt. Then, I used a 4s 4200 on the MAVIC2 and it worked perfectly. The weight was no issue for the Mav2. I don't own a mavic 1, so I don't know it's weight tolerance.

Always make sure you position the battery securely over the stock battery in a position that balances it's weight between all 4 motors. You don't want some motors working harder than others. Also, the performance is better when the mod battery is centered correctly.

Reactions: DBT and JohnnyD913
Thank u..
Which battery do u use
See my post #15. I think I read the Mavic 1 has a 3S battery. Is this correct, and if so, then you need a 3S battery, w no less than 75C rating. The weight max depends on the drones lift capacity. I'm happy at less than 300grams for my Mav2 and 200grams(but using250gm) for the Air2S. If the Mav1 has a stronger lift capacity than the Air2s then, you can get a battery with as high of a MAH capacity, up to 300grams. I wouldn't push the weight more than that.

See my post #15. I think I read the Mavic 1 has a 3S battery. Is this correct, and if so, then you need a 3S battery, w no less than 75C rating. The weight max depends on the drones lift capacity. I'm happy at less than 300grams for my Mav2 and 200grams(but using250gm) for the Air2S. If the Mav1 has a stronger lift capacity than the Air2s then, you can get a battery with as high of a MAH capacity, up to 300grams. I wouldn't push the weight more than that.
Thank u very much for ur time and knowledge…
I love this forum and it’s members…

Reactions: cgmaxed
Thank u..
Which battery do u use
i have a m1 and I'm using dual lihv 3s 850mah 65-130c I tried 3000mAh but you can only use one and the weight dosent effect the aircrafts flight very good make sure to get lihv batteries their hotter and lighter if you have any more questions just contact me if you want, might save you a buck

i have a m1 and I'm using dual lihv 3s 850mah 65-130c I tried 3000mAh but you can only use one and the weight dosent effect the aircrafts flight very good make sure to get lihv batteries their hotter and lighter if you have any more questions just contact me if you want, might save you a buck
I really appreciate ur time and info..
I’ve been wanting to try the battery mod for awhile but couldn’t really afford.
Now I can and thanks to u guys I have the knowledge…
?

Will it work with Mavic 2 Pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov