DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4Hakws Raptor XR antenna for Mavic 2 PRO

Interesting you ask.
I get at least 2-3 miles good signal (4-5 of 5 bars) with the standard controller and standard antennae.

Reactions: Milo187
Hi.
I want to know if the Raptor XR for mavic 2 pro are worth it?
I cant find any reviews for the mavic 2.
best regards.
Mo distance Mo problems! I speak from experience and yes the base antenna system can give us great range but keep in mind VLOS regs when you fly. If you push beyond VLOS you could not only risk the loss of the drone but hurting someone. Have fun and fly safe!

Hi.
I want to know if the Raptor XR for mavic 2 pro are worth it?
I cant find any reviews for the mavic 2.
best regards.
Can't imagine why you would need it with Occusync 2.0 on the M2, good out to 5 miles, which leaves barely enough juice to still make it back with the stock battery! Definitely not necessary for the Mavic 2! However, badly needed for an Autel EVO! ;)

Reactions: Thomas B
Can't imagine why you would need it with Occusync 2.0 on the M2, good out to 5 miles, which leaves barely enough juice to still make it back with the stock battery! Definitely not necessary for the Mavic 2! However, badly needed for an Autel EVO! ;)
HI. In open space it's not a problem but in urban areas you don't get 5 miles for sure.

HI. In open space it's not a problem but in urban areas you don't get 5 miles for sure.
I do, using both the original Occusync on the P4P in Auto 5.8Ghz , and on both my Mavic 2's with Occusync 2.0 in Auto. You'll need clear LOS, but I can fly as low as 25' AGL 4+ miles away. No need for any external antenna mods or signal boosters, and I have used them all, on both the P3P and P4, where they were required past a mile in the same area. Get higher above the area you want to fly over, and maintain clear LOS. Only practical limitation on the M2 is the battery, not the 4+ mile stock RC range, with no video dropouts whatsoever! YMMV, but that has been my experience over the last 4 years!

I do, using both the original Occusync on the P4P in Auto 5.8Ghz , and on both my Mavic 2's with Occusync 2.0 in Auto. You'll need clear LOS, but I can fly as low as 25' AGL 4+ miles away. No need for any external antenna mods or signal boosters, and I have used them all, on both the P3P and P4, where they were required past a mile in the same area. Get higher above the area you want to fly over, and maintain clear LOS. Only practical limitation on the M2 is the battery, not the 4+ mile stock RC range, with no video dropouts whatsoever! YMMV, but that has been my experience over the last 4 years!
Where I live I have some taller houses in front of me if I fly in that direction I have problem with loose signal about 1 mile

Where I live I have some taller houses in front of me if I fly in that direction I have problem with loose signal about 1 mile
In my experience, boosting signal will not penetrate solid objects. You need to get above them. Any chance you can fly from your rooftop, or just walk to the other side of the tall houses when flying in that direction? I have a couple of tall buildings I always have to elevate above when flying in the signal shadow directly behind them from my vantage point. However, if flying fast enough laterally, I can usually power through the signal loss behind them, before it causes total signal loss, until the drone elevates to my RTH height, and recovers signal, after getting higher than the building. Good luck!

4Hawks Raptor SR range extender for the Mavic 2 Pro is the way to go. For all my past DJI drones I've always used DBSMods Range extenders which produced amazing results. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical before purchasing this brand but can definitely say I'm more than impressed with it's performance and build quality. Inside the box, range extender is provided with everything to get the job done to include tools. The only thing not provided was the 1.5mm Allen key which is definitely needed for the initial screws to get the RC open. Install was definitely a bit nerve wrecking but all worked out. RC was actually not hard at all to open but you have to pay attention before opening the RC as there are very small ribbon cables to unplug. Also while opening, do not and I repeat do not stick any screwdrivers inside the RC to pry open as a board or contacts can easily be scratched to include easily ripping a ribbon cable. Install took all of an hour and 15mins. I'm located here in Miami, FL and haven't done a full test as of yet but can say that there a big difference from stock antennas where I use to get disconnecting issues with RC to aircraft. For those looking for a great range extender, 4Hawks is a really great product.

Attachments

• 20190610_215700.jpg
    20190610_215700.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 20190610_215720.jpg
    20190610_215720.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190610_215815.jpg
    20190610_215815.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20190610_215825.jpg
    20190610_215825.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 22
4Hawks Raptor SR range extender for the Mavic 2 Pro is the way to go. For all my past DJI drones I've always used DBSMods Range extenders which produced amazing results. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical before purchasing this brand but can definitely say I'm more than impressed with it's performance and build quality. Inside the box, range extender is provided with everything to get the job done to include tools. The only thing not provided was the 1.5mm Allen key which is definitely needed for the initial screws to get the RC open. Install was definitely a bit nerve wrecking but all worked out. RC was actually not hard at all to open but you have to pay attention before opening the RC as there are very small ribbon cables to unplug. Also while opening, do not and I repeat do not stick any screwdrivers inside the RC to pry open as a board or contacts can easily be scratched to include easily ripping a ribbon cable. Install took all of an hour and 15mins. I'm located here in Miami, FL and haven't done a full test as of yet but can say that there a big difference from stock antennas where I use to get disconnecting issues with RC to aircraft. For those looking for a great range extender, 4Hawks is a really great product.
For an EVO with terrible signal, like the DJI drones of yore, that crapped out at a mile on Regular WiFi or Lightbridge, 4Hawks will solve a major range problem, but for the Mavic 2, it's just plain unnecessary overkill. Mavic 2 doesn't need a signal booster. It already has a 5 mile range that actually delivers on the specs. If you really want to make the signal more directional, and concentrate the output, just buy a $10 windsurfer instead! That's all I have ever needed with the Mavic 2 for up to a 5 mile range with clear LOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll