DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4hawks raptor sr with Dji Mavic Mini - complete bust

EQUANT

Reactions
For those of you who are considering purchasing a range extender for the dji mavic mini, here's my experience with 4hawks raptor sr:

I bought this and right of out the box there were missing accessories from the box.
I installed this on my MM controller and the range was max ~400m on 5.8Ghz (urban area). After many testing I decided it was a bust, removed it and put back the stock dji antenna. I could go 1000m in the exact same conditions, no problems.

4hawks range:
stock DJI range:
... I returned it at 1000m mark but in other occasions I would reach a max of 2020m on 2.4 Ghz (the 4hawks lost signal after 100m in 2.4ghz)

During the installation process, due to the fact that the trim removal accessories were missing from the box I messed up my controller pretty bad.

As I thought the antenna was defective I requested a new one to be sent and swap the old one, but 4hawks.com refused and asked me to send the old one back and they will refund the shipping cost if it's defective.
So the very next day after receiving the package I paid once again for shipping to send it back to Poland, at www.4hawks.com

A few days later they replied that the cables were broken.
Then they tried saying that I broke the cables during installation.
After I sent them pictures of the cables before returning the package (in perfect condition) they came back and said that, in fact, the cables and antenna are actually working fine, so they won't refund my return costs, as previously agreed because ... it's working.

So there you have it - quote from 4hawks.com - if you pay 150$ for a "range extender" that decreases your range to 1/5 of your original DJI range that's "working fine" and they don't care, "4hawks does not guarantee a specific range", so 1/5 of the stock dji antenna range is perfectly acceptable.

I managed to get a refund for the antenna, but not for the returning costs. Personally, from this experience I will NEVER touch another 4hawks product again.

Food for thought if you're even planning on purchasing something from them!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I'm trying a couple of Aomway ANT009 Diamond and at first flight seem they do the trick.
Bestbuy for money.
High density urban area, from 1300mt to 2300mt (full FCC 5.8Gzh)

I saw 4hawks Youtube channel posted their mod video of the RC...not a single flight test for range extension..

What does that tell you?? Haha. Sorry about your poor experience.

RoOSTA

Reactions: EQUANT
In the end I managed to get all my money back, but only thanks to the distributor I purchased from (he took all the loss, as the producer www.4hawks.com were such jerks)

Needless to say I will never ever touch another 4hawks product again. Such poor customer service and quality of the products in unbelievable.

Hello, I'm using the 4hawks SR for my Mini CE version with great satisfaction. Max range that i have tried was 2500m with full signal stregth. You have to point it in the direction of the drone and make sure your antenna cables is shielded, like shown in this video:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98