DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 4K Air 2S LumaFusion grading - forgot my ND filters!

pommy

Reactions
Forgot my ND filters today and thought this video footage would be useless (extremely bright day). Turned out ok considering.

Here’s a 20 sec sample downscaled to 4K as LumaFusion can’t export 5K in .264 or .265.

Last edited:
You could have just used a faster shutter speed. You probably wouldn’t notice it unless you’re flying lower or closer to features.

You could have just used a faster shutter speed. You probably wouldn’t notice it unless you’re flying lower or closer to features.
Faster shutter speed would have made it judder I think? Doesn’t matter now - and I liked making the before and after video ?

Shame about LumaFusion not exporting 5K ?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Faster shutter speed would have made it judder I think?
Only if flying fast / close to things or there's something like a spinning wheel in the shot. In most cases an ND doesn't do anything useful.

very nice!

Reactions: pommy
Faster shutter speed would have made it judder I think? Doesn’t matter now - and I liked making the before and after video ?

Shame about LumaFusion not exporting 5K ?
It would look a little jittery, but not at higher altitude, not without something in the near foreground. And yes, you do need ND filters, but trying to recover overexposed clips in post is not a good idea. You could also fly slower to reduce jitter. You could use frame blending and other methods in post to smooth out the jitter. Not the same as natural motion blur, but a Better idea than overexposing.

It would look a little jittery, but not at higher altitude, not without something in the near foreground. And yes, you do need ND filters, but trying to recover overexposed clips in post is not a good idea. You could also fly slower to reduce jitter. You could use frame blending and other methods in post to smooth out the jitter. Not the same as natural motion blur, but a Better idea than overexposing.
Great advice. Thanks ??

(I wouldn’t normally try to fix underexposure in post, I forgot to pack my ND filters)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82