DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K in 60 FPS no longer an option?

Rsyferd

Reactions
Hello, first post!

I just completed my 6th flight after picking up the Mavic Air last week. I noticed today that my video settings were at 4K and 30 FPS. I have had it at 60 up until this point. When I went to change it back to 60 FPS, I noticed it was no longer an option. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190408-111307.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-111307.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 137
Hello, first post!

I just completed my 6th flight after picking up the Mavic Air last week. I noticed today that my video settings were at 4K and 30 FPS. I have had it at 60 up until this point. When I went to change it back to 60 FPS, I noticed it was no longer an option. Am I missing something?
Will l it not scroll farther to right by swiping on the frame rate?

I tried that, and no. Only allows those 3 options. I also did a camera settings reset to see if that would make a difference, unfortunately it did not. I did a firmware update yesterday. Not sure if that did something.

Is the Air capable of 4K/60? It's not an advertised spec, and mine has never been able to do it (I've tried) - I've always had to go down to 2.7 to get 60fps. The Mavic 2 specs also show it to be limited to 30 fps at 4K.

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Strap an Osmo Pocket to your drone and you'll get 4k @ 60 fps but for now, you're still stuck with 2.7k if you want it (or so I am with the M2P) :/

Reactions: dawgpilot
I’ve owned my MA since December 2018 and it has never been capable of 4K 60.
I am sorry to say you were at 2.7K 60. Here is a breakdown of the video resolution taken from vendor’s website.
I took the liberty of boxing in red the resolution for 60fps and it is 2.7K

The Air maxes out at 30P in 4K mode, if you want 60P you need to drop down to at least 2.7K.

I wonder if maybe you were looking at the shutter speed, since that would have probably been at 1/60.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I’ve owned my MA since December 2018 and it has never been capable of 4K 60.
I am sorry to say you were at 2.7K 60. Here is a breakdown of the video resolution taken from vendor’s website.
I took the liberty of boxing in red the resolution for 60fps and it is 2.7K
View attachment 68907
Not to disagree with you saying 4k is limited to 30fps, but you clipped the right side of the specs right at where it borders 30 in the 4k specs, not showing that it ends there.
If one was arguing that 2.7 didn't have 60fps, then your exhibit would be valid in showing that it did.

Reactions: NZmxer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N