DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K .mov video files and Windows 7

IanRSA

Reactions
Have just taken delivery of a Mavic Pro Platinum and took it for it's first flight over the weekend. I had set the video to 4k and the drone has a 32gb Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card in it.When I tried to view the video files on my Windows 7 I5 computor with a 2gb dedicated Graphics card it promptly blue screened and crashed. Tried it on another Win 7 Laptop and it would not play but did not crash. Then tried it on a Win 10 machine and it plays fine. Are 4K .mov video files not readable by Win 7 computors?

Windows 7 is out of support as you probably know. It may not have a codec which can read the encoding system and resolution you're trying to play, but sometimes you can add a codec sometimes not.

Blue screen tends to mean something took the graphics driver into an untested / unsupported area (i.e. of the driver writer had tested what you did, they would have found a fault). It may be worth checking to see if if there is a newer driver for that card.

Windows 7 is out of support as you probably know. It may not have a codec which can read the encoding system and resolution you're trying to play, but sometimes you can add a codec sometimes not.

Blue screen tends to mean something took the graphics driver into an untested / unsupported area (i.e. of the driver writer had tested what you did, they would have found a fault). It may be worth checking to see if if there is a newer driver for that card.
Thanks Badwolf. Yup, this laptop will not run the Win 10 upgrade for some reason and at the moment I am loath to re format and re install Win 10. Anyway my Spark records as .mp4 which this computor reads perfectly so your reasoning that it is a codec file is probably right. I am hoping if I reduce the video setting to 1080 I might be able to view the video off the Pro . Will give it a try until I get this sorted out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143