DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4th of July Fireworks

I would like to see some drone footage of this 4th of July fireworks, please post. thank you.

I did my own post but will share in here since your asking
-----------------

Family and I shot them off and captured ours as well as some others in the distance. Flew through a few of them and they got pretty close... Was definitely thinking about my DJI care on one of them lol.

Let me know what you think...

-----------------

Family and I shot them off and captured ours as well as some others in the distance. Flew through a few of them and they got pretty close... Was definitely thinking about my DJI care on one of them lol.

What we're your settings?

-----------------

wow, I prolly would have chickened out and landed after that 1st close call...very cool footage!

If you flew and filmed at night it’s probably best to keep your fireworks video for personal viewing.

Pertaining to FAA (US). Outside that, no idea. (and yes, I realize this thread is for the 4th of July, more than likely USA)

For recreational flying it, I’d agree the night flying is totally legal as long as you follow the normal rules plus add “appropriate anti-collision lighting”. No waiver needed.

The only caution that I would give is if the video was posted to Youtube (or similar) and that channel was monetized. If you make even a little money from someone clicking the link, and watching the video, it‘s not solely for recreational use.

And yes, it seems strange that someone that goes through the process of getting their part 107 UAS certificate is more restricted that the hobby flyer, but that’s just the way it is. Obviously a Part 107 pilot can still fly as long as that particular flight is recreational.

Here is a good article that explains it better than my rambling.

Happy Flying

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Last edited:
Reactions: Airmark1
-----------------

No fireworks here so I enjoyed the video. But you got me a little worried when I saw how close those fireworks were!

These are great and I'd love to see more. They cancelled the fireworks here for me and my mini is not good to fly at night so much appreciated...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore