DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5.5" CrystalSky Monitors Available for ordering

You can now get the 5.5" model.

Buy CrystalSky
I typically like to always be the 1st on-board for these types of things, but having owned a P4P+ I wasn't very impressed with the brightness and the screen size sucked. I will be anxiously awaiting others reviews.

I was waiting breathlessly for this two months ago, now I am not sure.

I just don't see what is gained by a 5.5" display. Iphone 7+ is 6.5" and iPad mini's are "dirt cheap".
I agree, the brightness can be a factor, however I have gotten used to the Shield and it's sunscreen by now and have a system, I would rather save the money for the next Mavic (or other shiny object that catches my eye.)

Reactions: SeaComms
I would personally buy, if anything, the ultrabright CrystalSky. Those things are designed for extreme cold and heat, and I tend to venture into the extreme cold which zaps my phones battery in 3 minutes

Reactions: Bunny Too
I would personally buy, if anything, the ultrabright CrystalSky. Those things are designed for extreme cold and heat, and I tend to venture into the extreme cold which zaps my phones battery in 3 minutes
But they state the ultrabright is not compatible with the "gimbal camera" in the mavic pro, the only thing I can think of is it can not scale the display to fit the mavics? I do not know, it does not make the most sense.

But they state the ultrabright is not compatible with the "gimbal camera" in the mavic pro, the only thing I can think of is it can not scale the display to fit the mavics? I do not know, it does not make the most sense.
wut? Where does it state that?

They all have the same OS with the same SW. The only differences are the HW, being the screen sizes and screen brightness.

wut? Where does it state that?

They all have the same OS with the same SW. The only differences are the HW, being the screen sizes and screen brightness.
Bottom of the page, I know it is a drag.
DJI AERIAL SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series,Mavic Pro and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.* Also, CrystalSky easilyattaches to the Cendence remote controller without an additional mounting bracket.*Monitor mounting bracket recommended. The Mavic Pro and Osmo series gimbal cameras(excluding the Osmo Mobile) are only compatible with 5.5" Crystalsky monitors.

The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series,Mavic Pro and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.* Also, CrystalSky easilyattaches to the Cendence remote controller without an additional mounting bracket.*Monitor mounting bracket recommended. The Mavic Pro and Osmo series gimbal cameras(excluding the Osmo Mobile) are only compatible with 5.5" Crystalsky monitors.
That has to be a typo. The gimbal is controlled with the RC, not the monitor. As long as I get a video feed, I'm fine.

a2f140de-92e2-4196-add7-28ea54d5093c

Any idea when they will, and also when did you become a Staff member? :O
They claim they are releasing a mount soon (less than 30 days,) staff member about a week (lets me give back to this community)

Reactions: Merlin23
So I spoke to DJI, and the incompatibility they mentioned is that they are too big for the Mavic RC holder. Apparently the 5.5" actually fits in the Mavic RC, and that the RC mount for the larger units so far result in the bracket sliding out from the RC, and they are still working on securing it. the 7.85" models are just as functional with the Mavic as the 5.5".

So I spoke to DJI, and the incompatibility they mentioned is that they are too big for the Mavic RC holder. Apparently the 5.5" actually fits in the Mavic RC, and that the RC mount for the larger units so far result in the bracket sliding out from the RC, and they are still working on securing it. the 7.85" models are just as functional with the Mavic as the 5.5".
Nice work @Cyberpower678, that changes a lot. I may be interested in the larger model.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Apparently the 5.5" actually fits in the Mavic RC...
I think we know that. Will it mount though? I'm curious why they started selling the 5.5" if there isn't an available mount for Mavic yet. They have the mounts for P3/P4 series available much earlier. The Mavic mount should be much easier to design and fabricate.

I think we know that. Will it mount though? I'm curious why they started selling the 5.5" if there isn't an available mount for Mavic yet. They have the mounts for P3/P4 series available much earlier. The Mavic mount should be much easier to design and fabricate.
You didn't read what I wrote right. It doesn't need a mount apparently. The 5.5" fits in the Mavic RC holder on its own they say.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr