DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 5 Amazing Night Lightning Photos. Taken with the Air2S.

cgmaxed

Reactions
There was this constant lightning storm over the ocean nearby my house. So I just took the Air2S up and started taking 1 second exposure shots of the lightning storm, over and over and over. These are a few shots I got. Then I cleaned up. Click on them to get the full effect. I'm amazed with how these RAW AIR2S photos can be cleaned up in post.CGMAXED0566.jpgCGMAXED0570.jpgLightning Sun0541.jpgLonely Lightng Bolt.jpgTENDRIL0527.jpg some of the graininess in photoshop. I didn't do any retouching, just image adjustments. Photo were shot in RAW/DNG format.

Last edited:
You managed to Capture the essence of the storm , Awesome job and those came out really nice.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
20201029_133654.jpg

Last edited:
There was this constant lightning storm over the ocean nearby my house. So I just took the Air2S up and started taking 1 second exposure shots of the lightning storm, over and over and over. These are a few shots I got. Then I cleaned up. Click on them to get the full effect. I'm amazed with how these RAW AIR2S photos can be cleaned up in post.View attachment 133085View attachment 133086View attachment 133087View attachment 133088View attachment 133089 some of the graininess in photoshop. I didn't do any retouching, just image adjustments. Photo were shot in RAW/DNG format.
These are awesome pics!

Reactions: Joeblow
getting photos of lightning is tough . good work and neat captures been watchin the air 2s looks like a hell of a drone

What time of the day was this?
Around 9:50 pm EST according to the meta data stored in the file. But I noticed an orange glow on the bottom left of some of the pics. Maybe it was the moon? The orange glow on the right is downtown Naples, Florida. The lightning storm was over the Gulf of Mexico. Being where I am gives me the opportunity to take lots of ocean related weather phenomena. The Gulf is very hot this time of year and evaporates quite a bit, causing lots of afternoon showers, humidity and lightning storms. Florida is supposed to be the lightning capital of the USA. Though recently Oklahoma may be winning that status.

Last edited:
Reactions: SFC117
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

There was this constant lightning storm over the ocean nearby my house. So I just took the Air2S up and started taking 1 second exposure shots of the lightning storm, over and over and over. These are a few shots I got. Then I cleaned up. Click on them to get the full effect. I'm amazed with how these RAW AIR2S photos can be cleaned up in post.View attachment 133085View attachment 133086View attachment 133087View attachment 133088View attachment 133089 some of the graininess in photoshop. I didn't do any retouching, just image adjustments. Photo were shot in RAW/DNG format.
They are great shots. I was very distracted by your huge watermarks which sort of ruined the images for me.

Reactions: pommy
They are great shots. I was very distracted by your huge watermarks which sort of ruined the images for me.
Oops. I was trying to make them look like big poster ads or something. Thanks for the comment. Next time, I'll leave them out. They were meant to be more like Poster Graphics. I put them to the side, so If anyone wants to use them, they could photoshop that area out or cut the image. I will not copyright them, so feel free to share or use any way you wish.

Oops. I was trying to make them look like big poster ads or something. Thanks for the comment. Next time, I'll leave them out. They were meant to be more like Poster Graphics. I put them to the side, so If anyone wants to use them, they could photoshop that area out or cut the image. I will not copyright them, so feel free to share or use any way you wish.
I try to make watermark copyright faint using the opacity slider.

Reactions: cgmaxed
Around 9:50 pm EST according to the meta data stored in the file. But I noticed an orange glow on the bottom left of some of the pics. Maybe it was the moon? The orange glow on the right is downtown Naples, Florida. The lightning storm was over the Gulf of Mexico. Being where I am gives me the opportunity to take lots of ocean related weather phenomena. The Gulf is very hot this time of year and evaporates quite a bit, causing lots of afternoon showers, humidity and lightning storms. Florida is supposed to be the lightning capital of the USA. Though recently Oklahoma may be winning that status.
I know what you mean, I am 3 hours North of you and the gulf temp where I was fishing was 85 degrees which is much cooler than normal because of all the rain we have had

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851