DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5 best places to fly drones in Miami in 2021

An old one I shot about 2 years ago. Been meaning to re-edit and add sound. Thanks for the reminder!

I live in Broward and I've been wanting to do some video on the hard rock just haven't had the time to planed the flight. hopefully before the year is over it will get done

Reactions: fuzzball
Thank you for the article, but do you guys know why the actual Sunny isles beach community prohibits the use of drones? I am a recent part 107 and I’m in Sunny isles quite frequently. It seems they are bypassing the FAA. There’s signs saying it’s prohibited to fly all over Sunny Isles. Is this a new law, because I see it’s one of the top 5 in the article. Anyone fly here recently? Thanks.

Thank you for the article, but do you guys know why the actual Sunny isles beach community prohibits the use of drones? I am a recent part 107 and I’m in Sunny isles quite frequently. It seems they are bypassing the FAA. There’s signs saying it’s prohibited to fly all over Sunny Isles. Is this a new law, because I see it’s one of the top 5 in the article. Anyone fly here recently? Thanks.
I rent at the Newport every summer for about 2 weeks. And I fly my drone without any issues. And also have done condo video and pictures for realtors in the area without any issues.

had a nice morning flight at sunny isles beach last month, did not see any signs.

SIhDMnM.jpg

An old one I shot about 2 years ago. Been meaning to re-edit and add sound. Thanks for the reminder!

It’s an old post but I need to clarify this specfic point of interest.

It’s in the landing/take off vicinity path of FLL airport south runway. Less than 2 miles. Maybe 1.5 miles.
The physical area is part of an Indian reservation, owned by the Seminole tribe.
It’s right next to the Florida Turnpike, and close to Hollywood Medical center.

Just go there, enjoy the wonderful shows, concerts and a decent amount of gambling.
But don’t fly a drone nearby.

Reactions: fuzzball
It’s an old post but I need to clarify this specfic point of interest.

It’s in the landing/take off vicinity path of FLL airport south runway. Less than 2 miles. Maybe 1.5 miles.
The physical area is part of an Indian reservation, owned by the Seminole tribe.
It’s right next to the Florida Turnpike, and close to Hollywood Medical center.

Just go there, enjoy the wonderful shows, concerts and a decent amount of gambling.
But don’t fly a drone nearby.

Good advice but if you feel you just have to do it make sure you get clearance and stay below 100 feet and pay close attention to your lateral limits. A second set of eyes monitoring Flight Radar 24 is also nice to have in these types of environments.

Screenshot_20230331_132911_Air Control.jpgScreenshot_20230331_133153_Air Control.jpgfr24.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N