DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

50 Minute Flight Time, 4k Video, 3 axis gimbal V-Coptr Falcon. Looks promising

WobblingWillie

Reactions
This thing looks very promising, especially with a 50 minute flight time.

Reactions: rhberg

Dunno. First reactions... Cool looking! I like the distance, time and low noise. On the worried side... lots of gears and things to go wrong as compared to a simple brushless motor. Camera seems to be a step backwards from the M2P.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Definitely a unique design and the 50 minute flight time motivated me to preorder @ $699 at the pre new year's pre order price.

Keep in mind that zero zero robotics has a poor track record of delivering on preorders for past models. Being this is forecast for a Feb 2020 delivery, and they forked out cash for CES, they may be moving towards credible

Fast directional changes appear to likely overwhelm what the gimbal would be able to compensate for; inferred from this video

They're also coming out with a sub 250 gram bicopter they showed at CES 2020; also forecast to fly for fifty minutes

Of note: I also pre-ordered the Skydio 2 and contemplating the Autel Evo 2 and I'm wondering why no reviewer demoed Autel's obstacle avoidance, so looking forward to discovering MPro3's specs to see where my entertainment $ go.

The body of the Falcon is moving about a lot and looks really unstable, I can't imagine what the camera is seeing/filming, if you were wearing FPV goggles you'd probably throw up, nah it flies very awkwardly, does not look cool at all.

The body of the Falcon is moving about a lot and looks really unstable, I can't imagine what the camera is seeing/filming, if you were wearing FPV goggles you'd probably throw up, nah it flies very awkwardly, does not look cool at all.
Maybe. If I quickly move the sticks of any of my Mavics, especially in sport mode, the flight will be a workout for the gimbal and will be very unenjoyable with goggles on.

If zero zero delivers, not a sure thing, I'll provide an update when I receive mine.

I do feel a quad has more leverage for directional changes, but this should be interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy