DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5000m flight

Nice mod, the extra battery definitely added flight time.
Looking forward to viewing future Flights of yours.

paul

And I thought I was the first. Can't always win darn... What are you looking at for flight time so far? I'm going to test tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20191118_223124.jpg
    IMG_20191118_223124.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 368
  • IMG_20191118_223053.jpg
    IMG_20191118_223053.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_20191118_223128.jpg
    IMG_20191118_223128.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 336
  • Wow
Reactions: JS1600
She aint gonna win any awards for looks- performs well though.

What cells are you running? Standard voltage lipo?

Well I'm subbing to this as the "test" mod seems interesting. Does it disable 2.4ghz also?

Please, please tell us about the test mode!!! Can't wait to hear :D I'm otherwise happy with the Mini, the CE range is the only negative thing. I'm only getting 500m (2.4Ghz) usable and stable video feed with my Mini. I'd be very happy if I could have 1km solid video feed distance.

Reactions: Myha
You don't switch the app, but you put a simple txt-file onto the sd card and into the Mavic Mini at start. As long as the txt-file is present on the sd card, the Mavic Mini will switch into high power mode.

The mod appears to work similarly to enabling 1200mW power mode on the recent DJI FPV system, but not exactly the same.

I will get my hands on another Mavic Mini later today to verify.
I will release the mod later if it works on another aircraft.

So, do you know if this then boosts the output on the controller too? Is it a two way thing?
Shame I dont have all of my old RF gear or I'd be able to check properly.

Reactions: dsrepairs
So, do you know if this then boosts the output on the controller too? Is it a two way thing?
Shame I dont have all of my old RF gear or I'd be able to check properly.
I don't have RF testing equipment either, but the vastly improved range suggests it does work both ways (controller and aircraft RF is boosted).

you put a simple txt-file onto the sd card and into the Mavic Mini at start. As long as the txt-file is present on the sd card, the Mavic Mini will switch into high power mode.
But it complains about a missing SD card, so I would assume this is FPV only without much chance of taking photos or videos (as these would need to be stored on the unrecognized card).
And it is completely illegal in Europe (too much power, no VLOS) - but that's another story....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada