DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

524' Long Cargo Ship in Tampa Bay

Some nice shots, but a bit long :)
Scrubbed it where it dragged out a bit here and there.
You could crop out a lot and get a great 2 minute video.

Some of the small yachts in the opening scene looked like storm damage, is that a recent storm ?
Shame to see them battered up like that.

I saw a dolphin or manatee type shape at 3:50 ?

Good going, the M2P shoots wonderfully.

Hey, thank you so much for the excellent feedback! I shot ALOT of video today, and my original finished video was over 8 min long. So the recommended length for viewers is around 2-3 min in length? That boat mooring area we call the graveyard. People just moor their old boats, or boats they just need to get rid of real quick there, and then leave them. Lots of them break loose and wash up on shore. Over time, the weather just beats them up. I'll check for the dolphin or manatee at 3:50 when I get home in a couple hours. ??

Yes 2-3 mins is good, some specific subjects can easily be taken to a minute, and it holds attention much easier.
The long stretches flying can have big sections removed, and a transition (I like dissolve for this) added to kind of skip nicely forward.
You have something recognisable in the distance, then transition to near that, so it sort of doesn’t miss much of the flight coverage.
That was a fairly distant flight, so did well flying by fpv on the device screen.
Also glad no connection issues with the coastal vegetation near your take off, and no magnetic problems with the ship proximity.

Yes 2-3 mins is good, some specific subjects can easily be taken to a minute, and it holds attention much easier.
The long stretches flying can have big sections removed, and a transition (I like dissolve for this) added to kind of skip nicely forward.
You have something recognisable in the distance, then transition to near that, so it sort of doesn’t miss much of the flight coverage.
That was a fairly distant flight, so did well flying by fpv on the device screen.
Also glad no connection issues with the coastal vegetation near your take off, and no magnetic problems with the ship proximity.
Sounds great...I'll take your advice and use it. Heck, I might just try to do this video all over and keep it under 2 min... Yeah, I had a 10-12 mph wind, but great 1089p reception on my phone, no lost signals, interference, etc... It was a very easy flight. I almost got into a mess because I didn't see the mooring ropes that were tied off to the dock until it was almost too late, an I about hit them. Thanks again for the advice, and kind words of encouragement! Much appreciated, mate. ?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Great flying! Looks pretty massive!

Thank you kindly! It was fun to video... I see on my Marine Traffic app that there is a tugboat close to it right now, that wasn't there yesterday when I shot the video. It must be getting ready to head out. Anyways, thanks again for kind words! ??

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest