DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5D smart controller functions?

As far as I can tell it is a 5 button switch - 5 momentary buttons. You can use it to do simple tasks like pop up a menu, change EV values, it isn't an analog joystick. And in my use of the controller I've not seen any mention of programmability. It is the items in this list.

Capture.JPG

Since the stock remote for that aircraft doesn't have a 5D button it wouldn't be surprising if the app has no settings for it implemented.

As far as I can tell it is a 5 button switch - 5 momentary buttons. You can use it to do simple tasks like pop up a menu, change EV values, it isn't an analog joystick. And in my use of the controller I've not seen any mention of programmability. It is the items in this list.

View attachment 135028
So this is what’s weird, I read that in the manual as well but it doesn’t do any of those things. I cannot get it to do anything. Now if I hold the function button (top right button on the front of the remote) and press any direction on the 5D it pops up and says “undefined” which leads me to believe it can be programmed or have functions assigned to it, don’t you think?

The "5D" button cannot be programmed with any drone using the Fly app.. I believe it will navigate menus when used with the function/back button? but I would need to verify that. As noted above, the original remote does not have that function so it is not implemented. Maybe we'll get lucky and DJI will decide to add it?

I just powered up the drone and SC and tested the 5D. It works on my SC - but not in any way that really makes sense to me. Call it a buried function. But here's how to use the control:

Press and HOLD the FN button ... a menu pops up ... shows hints of what you can do (looks like a help screen).
... while continuing to press the FN button ...
Press any of the 5D buttons ... an action takes place.

Reactions: Bandit1
Just verified the actual functions that can be called up when holding the "back/function" button. You do have to enable the "button combination" diagram for this screen to come up. It doesn't look like they can be changed/reprogrammed, however.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-053300.png
    Screenshot_20210921-053300.png
    452.9 KB · Views: 16
They work - but are only enabled when the Fn button is also pressed. Think Alt-X on a keyboard.

The two buttons on the bottom of the controller are somewhat programmable, but that's buried in the DJI Fly UI. Look up the programming for them in the SC manual (or maybe it's the Air 2 manual - but it's there).

The two bottom buttons can affect DJI Fly - it's how I bring up my camera menu. The 5D is fixed, and relates to the SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61