DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

6 month OLD Mavic Pro shooting very blurry and fuzzy pictures - Please help?

FLPilotshark

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I have owned the Dji Spark, Mavic Air and now I have gotten the Dji Mavic Pro and have been flying with it for about 7 months. I bought brand new from BestBuy which it's still covered under the 1-year warranty but before I bring it in, I would like some of your opinions? First, if you don't shoot in RAW footage in the Dji Go Pro App, will come out all blurry and fuzzy? I know I was shooting in Auto and not manual, and I thought I was shotting in ''RAW'' BUT MAYBE NOT since it has been a month since i HAVE taken up my bird! Anyone else shoots come out blurry and fuzzy? I know I had the right camera shutter speed for my Aerial Photography and my pixs are coming out blurry.. I am going to get home tonight, and launch it and diagnose the problem with the quality of the images, that my Mavic Pro is taking tonight after work. I will post the picture that I took to show you an example. Its been over a month since i HAVE had my bird in the sky so I may have forgotten to put in a certain mode or I might not have been shooting in RAW.

To be honest, barring an extreme software flaw, the recording file type should not impact focus or result in much motion blurring. All photography is fundamentally in RAW, you are just using the processor in the drone to convert to JPEG / MPEG before sending to storage (hence the advantage of RAW - you can use things with beefier processors and more flexible options to convert from RAW to generally acceptable formats.)

If you run your drone on the ground - do you get the same issue?
Do you get the same issue with taking the pictures from the memory card as opposed to taking them from the app?

I'm on completely different kit but the only difference I see from the app as opposed to the card, whether RAW or MPEG, is the worse display on the app (but that's partly a difference between the excellent displays with my laptop and the older display on the iPhone.)

Its been over a month since i HAVE had my bird in the sky so I may have forgotten to put in a certain mode or I might not have been shooting in RAW.
Raw/jpg makes no difference at all to focus and sharpness of your images
There's no "certain mode" that will make your images non-fuzzy either.
But you do have to focus the lens before you shoot if you want the images to be focused properly.
No need to go flying to test either.
Just sit the drone on a wall etc with some subject matter>10 feet away and go to work.You can do some test shots

1ST, many thanks for everyone input, much appreciated!
My SD card is not reading so I can't upload the images... but I got this picture that I just took of my dogs in the RAW mode but it still looks like hell!
More pics to come to show!! By the way, I have been flying this drone successfully for over 8 months and never ran into this problem before with my pictures being blurry and un-postable. Since this was shot in RAW, I just wonder if there is a mode in the camera settings that I am missing? I took this out of the GOPRO APP.

Dji Mavic Pro camer issues.jpg

Last edited:
This is a hard picture to tell since I maxed out at 375 FT AGL.
This was a picture I took a few months ago on St Pete Beach, FL, and no issues AND THIS is what the images should look like!

47139231_10218389870806804_4777548631672619008_o.jpg

1ST, many thanks for everyone input, much appreciated!
My SD card is not reading so I can't upload the images... but I got this picture that I just took of my dogs in the RAW mode but it still looks like ****
Whatever that is, it's only 442px × 960px so it's not a real image from your drone.
Forget raw (since it's not going to make a bit of difference to focus.
Take some test jpg images and post one.

Ok, I launched my Mavic Pro this morning to see and made sure everything was in the correct mode and it came out clear for not taking in a RAW mode. Do you all agree?
I still am having problems getting my pictures that I took that were all fuzzy that I want you all to see! Ones I get home from work, I am going to do another launch and see how the pictures turn out and post them on here to see the difference between a pic that I GOT from the go pro app vs some RAW pictures. Who knows maybe I just did not MY UAV in focus B/C this shot I got off the GO PRO APP, its not a bad picture... Ummmmmmmm!!!!
AerialIamge.jpeg

Ok, I launched my Mavic Pro this morning to see and made sure everything was in the correct mode and it came out clear for not taking in a RAW mode. Do you all agree?
Agree? I can't tell what you mean.
Forget about raw for now, it makes no difference to focus or sharpness.
If you want anyone to comment on your image question, you will have to post a complete image file.
Your latest is 720px × 1,280px so it's not possible to tell what the original image looked like.

Meta4, now I am having issues getting the data off my SanDisk 65gb MicroSD card! I went I go put it in the reader on my I-mac desktop computer nothing is coming up on the SD Card. It just seems like they are not being stored on the MicroSD Card! Question on the general setting - Do I have to clear out any of my caches ! I have another question should the record with Audio Cache be turned on or off and should the Cache during video be turned on or off?

Here is a video I was able to pin together in the DJI GO4 APP. Blurry and Fuzzy as hell, I am still trying to upload the pictures but I am having problems getting anything off my brand new Sandisk Micro 65GB SB card! What's crazy, is it worked perfectly the last time I had it up in the air!

Click here for the video - Mavic Test Flight

Last edited:
Meta4, Idrach, Kilrah - This is what my shots use to look like 3 flights ago, super clear and not to mention these are pure RAW images, which you can see they are pretty clear! Plus, not to mention I have not USED Photoshop or Lightroom just a RAW imagine FOR THIS PIX!! Please hang tight since I am having a very hard time with the MicroSD Card not reading the images!
Boyd Park Aerial#2.JPG

See, Meta4- it seems like it's not saving these pictures to my MicroSD card and only in the DJ GO 4 APP!
I can't seem to bring up any of the photos I took of the SUAS SD card for some odd reason! It has not been crashed and works fine on my last project perfectly!
I just can't figure out how to shoot so they get stored on your MicroSD card!
Dji Go pro.jpeg

Last edited:
Meta4 - Kilrah - Idrach I think I have fixed the issues finally! This how I was able to fix my problem with the blurry pictures for those who are having the same issues as I was! You have to fire up your Mavic Pro and the Dji GO 4 APP up and running and go into your General settings and first calibrate your gimble and then ones you complete that you need to head over to the Remote Control setting in your GO4 APP and scroll down to main Controller settings and where it says advanced settings. Then I want you to click that ones and then head over to your Advanced Settings and click and after you do that that just scroll down again until you see the sensors icon work which is right below the RESET GAIN & EXPO TUNING HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE so you can't miss it. After you click sensors your IMU/COMPASS will come up and click the calibrate for your IMU and ones it's done, you're back in business and your pictures should come out like these below that I just got done taking! Also, these pictures have not been touched up in Photoshop or Lightroom, they were shot in JPEG&RAW mode for the Test. Please let me know your thoughts on how good of quality pictures these came out and let me know if I am back in business?DJI_0087.JPG
My House#2.JPGMy House#3.JPG

Last edited:
Also, here is another shot from around 50ft! I dont think you're going to get any cleaner of a picture w/out going into Photoshop and Lightroom.Nxt Door Build4.JPG

Meta4 - Kilrah - Idrach I think I have fixed the issues finally! This how I was able to fix my problem with the blurry pictures for those who are having the same issues as I was! You have to fire up your Mavic Pro and the Dji GO 4 APP up and running and go into your General settings and first calibrate your gimble and then ones you complete that you need to head over to the Remote Control setting in your GO4 APP and scroll down to main Controller settings and where it says advanced settings. Then I want you to click that ones and then head over to your Advanced Settings and click and after you do that that just scroll down again until you see the sensors icon work which is right below the RESET GAIN & EXPO TUNING HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE so you can't miss it. After you click sensors your IMU/COMPASS will come up and click the calibrate for your IMU and ones it's done, you're back in business and your pictures should come out like these below that I just got done taking! Also, these pictures have not been touched up in Photoshop or Lightroom, they were shot in JPEG&RAW mode for the Test. Please let me know your thoughts on how good of quality pictures these came out and let me know if I am back in business?
Pictures look blurry because either:
1. They are out of focus .. or
2. They are showing motion blur at slow shutter speed .. or
3. They are small preview-grade cached images that go blurry when you blow them up too far.

Recalibrating the Gimbal, IMU and Compass has no effect on image quality or the causes of blurriness.
The images you've just posted are real full-sized images from the camera and look great.
I suspect the cause of the issue was #3 above.

@Meta4 your wrong mate, per Dji they told me to do the following steps!
So I guess that Recalibrating the Gimbal, IMU and Compass do matter PER DJI if you're getting blurry fuzzy pictures.
If you think this picture that i HAVE attached is blurry I would like to see one of yours that was saved off your Microsd card?
Please note, this picture is right off my MicroSD Card saved in a Jpeg file. I don't think you can get any clearer of an image unless you run it through some software editing programs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Set button for center focus and use liberally
Step 2: Calibrate IMU using the DJI GO 4 app Step
Step3: Calibrate Gimbal using the DJI GO

plus, here is a video about it, so say Recalibrating does matter on the quality!!

Attachments

• DJI_0087.JPG
    DJI_0087.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
@Meta4 your wrong mate, per Dji they told me to do the following steps!
So I guess that Recalibrating the Gimbal, IMU and Compass do matter PER DJI
That wouldn't be the first time I've heard nonsense advice from DJI's contact people.
Most of them have never flown a drone and either read a script or make things up.
When in doubt, they tell you to calibrate the compass.

If you have a camera problem, it's the camera that needs attention. Not everything else.
As I said before, the most likely explanation was that there was nothing wrong with your camera.
And you were looking at low-res cached images and not the actual full-res images.
But now you are.

Hi, I am on your side!!! You could write and I might just have to send the Drone back to Dji!
Thank god it's still covered under the 1-year warranty.

Let me ask you a question @Meta4 - do you think this picture below is not clear to you?
Let me know your thoughts?

My house.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus